Van Morrison - Your Favorite Album or Songs From Him ?

by flipper 23 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Truly an amazing artist and songwriter of our time has been Van Morrison . From the time he started in the 60's till today, he continues to pump out soulful, bluesy, great tunes, not only as a vocalist, but as an accomplished musician as well ! He is one of my wife and my favorite solo artists ! Here is a list of songs by him I like best .

1. I'll Take Care of You / Tell Me What You Want

2. Western Plain

3. Gypsy in My Soul

4. Brown Eyed Girl

5. Moondance

6. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl ( his version )

1. Philosopher's Stone - The Unreleased Tapes 1998

2. Too Long in Exile - 1993

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

1.) It Stoned Me

2.) Tupelo Honey

3.) Into The Mystic

• kazar
    kazar

I love all the ones previously mentioned; I like all of his songs. He is probably my favorite singer/musician. I also like:

1. Wavelength

2. Kingdom Hall (nostalgic and obvious reasons). His voice is very powerful on that one.

• seven006
    seven006

Van Morrison is absolutely one of my all time favorites. His song “into the Mystic” is my favorite song of all time.

The discussion board name I use “seven006” comes from a song from Bob Seger “Feel like a number”. One of his biggest influences in his music is Van Morrison. My musical mind is stuck in the 70’s. But not disco. I hate disco. Disco makes me want to puke mirror clad disco balls.

Dave

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'll go with Moondance. He is very talented with many great songs.

Last I heard he was once accused of being a JW.

• Mary
    Mary

One of my all time favorites is "These Are the Days". I love listening to it driving down a country road in the Fall with the roof open on my car and the windows down...........

• flipper
    flipper

RAPUNZEL- Good song picks ! I liked " It Stoned Me " a lot.

KAZAR- Van is one of my wife and my favorite singers too ! I guess he did do a song called , " Kingdom Hall", didn't he ? Maybe he was a witness or studied as Jaguar Bass said.

SEVEN 006- " Into the Mystic " , a really nice song . I didn't know Bob Seger was so influenced by Van Morrison ! Interesting. I agree with you - disco didn't do a thing for me either !

JAGUAR BASS- " Moondance " was great . Van really was a JW ? Can anybody else help us out with some more information on it ?

MARY- " These Are the Days " , nice. It's relaxing driving down a country road with your roof open and windows down

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Life without end at last...

Oh, maybe that wasn't him.

OK, Brown Eyed Girl.

• sandy
    sandy

Love his music! My favorite has to be . . . Into The Mystic.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"Wild Night" was good.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit