Been on JWD One Year Now - It's Been Nice Getting to Know You All

by flipper 37 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I have certainly enjoyed this first year on JWD ! I've learned so much from you all, through the ups and downs of what any community experiences ! We all have something special to bring to JWD , and I want to thank each and every one of you for bringing what you do in an authentic way ! I look forward to posting threads and posts for a long time here - and I have really enjoyed talking on the phone with a good number of you , as you know - it's something I do well- TALK, perhaps too well ! LOL! Enough to drive you crazy perhaps ?

I know for me personally, like many of yourself, having this board to vent on has been a healer of sorts for me after having been raised as a witness and in it till 4 years ago at age 44 ; finally getting out, making my escape. I know many of you as well were raised in the witnesses- and we just did NOT have the freedom of speech like we do on this board to talk openly about our concerns with the witness organization .I'd like to thank Simon for creating and starting this board as it has been a real help to many people leaving the witnesses. Because of the pain I suffered from being in the witnesses , at times I realize I have a justice streak that runs a mile deep , so if I have ever said anything inappropriate that has hurt others here, I apologize. But I care about people , it's how I roll , and in that caring at times I will stand up for what I believe in . I try to be diplomatic in my tactics in communicating, but hey, I'm human too . My main goals are to continue assisting ones to deal with their pain getting out of the witness organization , and to meet and make many more quality friends here on JWD !

And most of all, I thank my wife for being the love of my life , whose interest in this site is what brought me here initially ! She wanted to know how to deal with my crazy witness family ; and in so doing piqued my interest in this board - now I'm hooked ! Thanks again to you all - I hope you all prosper this year and find peace , SO PEACE OUT , Mr. FLIPPER

• watson
    watson

I observe much more than I contribute and appreciate your warmth and enthusiasm.

Watson

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Your contributions are always appreciated, Mr. Flipper. So glad you and Flippette are here!

PEACE OUT

Dave

• PEC
    PEC

I am glad you are here and look forward to meeting you and the MRS in person shortly.

Philip

• flipper
    flipper

WATSON- I enjoy your humorous and witty replies on threads too and in your posts as well ! Thanks.

ALMOST ATHEIST- Thanks Dave. I'm " almost an atheist " as well ! Agnostic/ atheist in training actually ! LOL!

PEC- Look forward to meeting you and your wife as well ! Thanks friend

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Congrats Flip!

I have only been on here a few weeks and I can say you are one of my fav posters! Lots of insightful comments and some humor too!

• Casper
    Casper

Both, for taking the time to help so many, for listening to our problems and helping in so many ways.

You both are truly an asset to the board.

Sincerely,

Cas

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's a Pleasure knowing you Flipper.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

You probably don't know me but I too enjoy your posts..

Snoozy..of the I been around forever crowd..

• oompa
    oompa

Nice knowing and talking with you too Flipper....I did not know we came here at almost the exac same time....my first hundred posts or so were under another name, as my wife turned me in to the elders and I had to change....................oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit