I WANT A STAR TREK REPLICATOR!

by journey-on 17 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

I want a replicator, too. I hate food prep as much as you do. My husband says my kitchen looks like Neelix's galley with bowls of fruits and vegetables all over the place.

And I want transporters, so I don't have to deal with idiots who can't drive.

And I want a wardrobe pre-selected for me, so I don't have to think about what to wear. But I don't like the one-piece thingys.

And I want quarters that are miraculously always clean, although no one ever seems to clean and there's no custodial staff.

Mostly, I want to be able to go at warp speed!

My husband thinks my avatar should be "Seven of Nine" because he says that I demand perfection and that I sometimes look at him harshly and say, "Comply."

I love Star Trek.

Funny story--I went to the theatre to see Star Trek Insurrection by myself. When the lights came up at the end of the movie, I discovered I was the only woman in the theatre! All these guys were filing out slowly, passing by me and smiling and saying "hi." I was the most popular gal in nerdtown that night.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    StAnn: nerdtown

Hey! I resemble that remark.

• worf
    worf

There was an article on the MSN network recently that discussed technology that is being worked on right now.

The article gave predictions of how many years it would take before the general public would benefit from the various products.

It predicted that holo-technology will be available by 2016! Just 8 years from now.

The article did not mention replicators, but I'm sure that if that word is put into a search engine, you would find that someone is working on it.

Worf

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Journeyon......"Hate unloading the dishwasher" You realize that 89% of the worlds population think this is "amazing technology." Washing and drying by hand what a PAIN!! I just moved into a house with a dishwasher and I was like oooh aaaah....lets wash a cup in it!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Oompa ....LOL!

Then the preparation can almost be orgasmaic....the peeling, the flavors, the aromas......get in there and frikkin mingle

That is not me. I can almost guarantee that YOU cook when you WANT to. This is the way it is with MEN. That's why they enjoy it. It's novel. Women have to do it day in and day out 2-3 times a day.

5th Generation

And I may also fluke out and finally get that 3some with my wife!

I see where your mind is!....ahhh the possibilities!

El Kabong

Tea....Earl Grey.....very hot.

I loved it when Capt. Piccard walked up to the replicator and said that. I thought he was the sexiest man on that show!!!! (I dig bald men) _____________________________ Mary

I want a phaser!!
    Please keep it on "stun" (except when those pesky JWs come to your door bright and early on Sat. a.m.) _____________________________ Rising Eagle

Or you could have some fun with the next jw that knocks on your door and trade them a tract for a tribble

That would be funny. "Here's a tribble for an Awake!...I'm fresh out of cash for a contribution". _____________________________ StAnn You sound just like me. Those are the same things I noticed and wanted. I never missed an episode, but I'm more of a Next Generation fan that the first although I loved it too) ______________________________ Worf I, too, watched a show recently about how Star Trek influenced the 20th century technological break throughs. They BETTER be working on my REPLICATOR!! ______________________________ Witness 007

Journeyon......"Hate unloading the dishwasher" You realize that 89% of the worlds population think this is "amazing technology."

I know, we take so many things for granted. We really are spoiled rotten! (But I still want my Replicator....and you're not going to make me feel guilty about it....lol) _______________________________

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Ooooh ... a replicator? "Make it so!"

If I had a holodeck, I'd certainly be having me some Michael Dorn as well.

• exwitless
    exwitless

I thought it would be appropriate for me to jump in here, as I am sitting here watching The Next Generation while I'm typing this.

I'm totally with you on the Replicator. I hate having to think up what to make for dinner every day, cooking, cleaning up the mess, etc. I can cook pretty well (I think), but I don't enjoy it.

With a replicator I could also order food for our cats. "Feline supplement number 51 please."

My husband and I have often said we'd like to live on the Enterprise. It's clean, sleek, non-cluttery...I'd also love to visit Ten-forward. Looks cool.

I'd like to be able to sit on the bridge and tell the Ensign to fly me to work and say "Engage".

Oh, if only Star Trek were real...

• VM44
    VM44

Star Trek replicator...Yes!

StarGate replicator...No!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit