maybe i'm in the wrong place?

by sustainedhaze 46 Replies latest members private

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think it's very questionable that the ratio of JWD atheists to those of us who believe in some kind of higher power is 90% or higher.

• sustainedhaze
    sustainedhaze

I have simply gotten to the point where it seems wasteful to pursue things of faith. Though I admit far from perfect, our study of the earth and our life here has unearthed far more evidence in support of our evolution, than has any form of religion found physical support to validate their individual claims of whatever god or deity they represent. I feel it may be because of mans desire to feel we are a part of a larger picture than we really are. We would like to feel that our 80 or so short years here on earth are some preclude to a better existence and some form of immortality, alas, this is not the case. There, that should stir the pot, lol.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Currently, I believe that we are the only intelligent life in the Universe and we are terrified by that fact, so we ceated gods and goddesses to take the responsibility away. Kinda like super parents telling us when we are "bad" or "good".

If we are the highest beings in the Universe we have the responsibility of taking care of all life in it. We are gods in a sense.

So being human is being personally responsible (rather than relying on an external being, god or what ever) for our god like power. The ability to create or destroy in our reality

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hiya, Sustained Haze. I'm with you - once I got some distance from the org. I could clearly see that all religion is false. Scientific evidence is pretty compelling, and makes more sense than religion.

• Quentin
    Quentin

One things for sure...here you get honest up front answers...lots of straight shooters, no matter their belives....

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

welcome sustainedhaze

• Lunamoth
    Lunamoth

Hi sustainedhaze, So far I am agnostic, almost atheist. I do not believe the bible is more than just another book, except for all the trouble it has caused. I figure to wait for any evidence of supernatural events, where the heck are all these provable miracles, real ghosts, and chupacabras? I like the way Douglas Adams explains mans need for a belief in god in his book "Salmon of Doubt". Why can't there be places like churches where people meet and support each other and their communities without making you claim to believe in god by walking in the front door?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit