maybe i'm in the wrong place?

by sustainedhaze 46 Replies latest members private

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome Sustained Haze to the board ! You will find many people here who have gone through the doubting process too, like you. You are in the right place. I am a agnostic/ atheist in the making I believe so there are a few of us still figuring it out . But you will learn many things here on the board which will help you analyze which way you want to go. I look forward to your posts and comments ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Layla33
    Layla33

I am not atheist, I am Buddhist, but I don't believe in religion or the idea of God as most religions. I live my belief system as a philosophy, but I don't berate people that walk their own path. I don't think it is necessary to reject God completely to realize the JW is full of you know what. I appreciate everyone's path, if it works for them, even if it doesn't particularly work for me.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I'm another Witness turned atheist. I came to the same conclusion as you while I was searching. Welcome!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Left for jesus I thought

Now I realized it is all horse hockey.

Happy tolerant atheist.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks, void.

S

• oompa
    oompa

I can only be amazed at the scope of apparent genius of creation....minute and majestic.....what the hey he is doin or has been doin...I have no clue...no expectations....and know that nobody else can know either.....................oompa

• aqaurian.mel
    aqaurian.mel

Raised JW, atheist for the last 3 years or so...I had never even questioned whether there was a god or not while I was going to the hall, it was just a given that there was! As soon as I stopped going to meetings, my common sense led me to the answer. I don't believe in god, I believe in people, but I just have to show more tolerance to some (creationists ect) than others.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I'm agnostic, I don't feel I can define it so I don't try... but I lean towards a lack of belief. I do actively disbelieve in God as defined by organized religion though.

I've been out 4 years- welcome!

• Casper
    Casper

I would not call myself an atheist as of yet. I am still in the searching and questioning stage.

Cas

• Quentin
    Quentin

Deist along the lines of Thomas Paine...whatever you believe do it with love and justice...welcome to the board...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit