I have been Labeled

by The Doc 58 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The dictionary defines apostate as one who has left a former belief system be it religious or political.

I became an apostate the moment my JW "study" conductor said I needed to write to my former church secretary and resign my membership there. I was told to include that I was going to become on of Jehovah's Witnesses in my resignation. According to the standard dictionary---I was now an apostate!

The men who run the WTS have made up their OWN definition, and JWs toss the word around like scattering henfood in a barnyard. It covers a LOT of ground while not actually penetrating very deeply. It is NOT a standard and accepted meaning of the word, but try and tell a JW that! It falls on deaf ears.

CULTS have words and terms that have one meaning....but when used by a cult member....have another entirely different meaning. They are said to be buzzwords that ONLY the cult member would recognize in a crowd of "normal thinking" people.

JWs think and reason like cult members simply because they are IN a cult.

Apostate Annie

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I always wonder why not attending meetings makes one an apostate. I thought you had to express some ideas contrary to the WTS.

at a DC just a few years ago a brother was interviewed after having not attending meetings for 6 years. He said, "those who stop attenting meetings havent stopped loving Jehovah, they just have their priorities out of line."
    I was personally surprised to hear this from the floor of a DC ! Almost implying that ppl that miss meetings are necessarily bad people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit