I have been Labeled

by The Doc 58 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

damn they went for it uhh, no oh he's just inactive bullshit for them

• Maddie
    Maddie

I used to be horrified by the word "apostate" at one time, but now if it means I no longer believe in their being God's organisation, then I say hooray! Hooray for you too

Maddie

• llbh
    llbh

Interestingly i had a conversation with my dauhgter who goes to the meetings with her mum. I was discussing with her how the wts had got 607 wrong. I mentioned to her that merely by having this coversation i could labeled an apostate and that our realtionship would be very much altered if i were to be labled an apostate.

Free speech and the the search for the truth are inimical to the wts

Regards

david

• llbh
    llbh

Interestingly i had a conversation with my dauhgter who goes to the meetings with her mum. I was discussing with her how the wts had got 607 wrong. I mentioned to her that merely by having this coversation i could labeled an apostate and that our realtionship would be very much altered if i were to be labled an apostate.

Free speech and the the search for the truth are inimical to the wts

Regards

david

• oompa
    oompa
    pahpa: It is just the opposite of what should happen in a real Christian organization. The "weak" should have the full attention and assistance of not only the leaders but the entire membership.

Good God pahpa...we should all be glad they ain't hittin on all cyliders on this one...I would rather be dead than "full attention" assisted.......shoot me............oompa

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey The Doc 58,

The best response I can think of right now is, "Apostate? No, I'd just stopped attending meetings because I was tired of all the gossip, back-biting, and out-right slander going on. So, now you've heard that I'm an apostate, huh. Sounds like things haven't changed among 'the friends'. Tell your source of such hurtful words that I appreciate their concern for my spiritual well-being, but I find a great deal of refreshment by avoiding such judgmental association."

B the X

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Oompa

Rest easy! I don't see any danger of this happening in the congregations of JWs. The principles involving love are far removed from the Watchtower organization. But I do wonder on occasion just how many of us might still be in the organization if the elders and other members had shown a genuine concern for those who were "wounded" and suffering.

• karvel
    karvel

what's up, doc? check your inbox.

• loosie
    loosie

Welcome to the dark side...we have cookies.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

B the X:

THANK YOU for that marvellous comeback...I have not yet to my knowledge been labelled an apostate, but probably not far off...

By the way, absolutely love your avatar!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit