The Atheist's Book of Bible Stories

by RunningMan 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Over the years, I have posted all of the chapters from my Atheist's Book of Bible Stories on this site.

However, since the original posting, many of the chapters have been polished and updated.

The complete book is now available for downloading, if anyone is interested: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qwpjol

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Thankyou, thankyou.

-At first I thought it would be a cartoon book (kind of a spoof on the yellow 'Bible stories' book), so when I started browsing, my eyes started glazing over, but THEN! I saw that this is actually the full version of a JWD post i once bookmarked. The post I'm thinking of is the one in which you posted from the "The numbers of the book" chapter. I loved that part.

So now that I know what this actually is; thanks a lot! Good job (haven't actually read anything but that one part yet, but I'm guessing the rest is good too).

• inkling
    inkling

Congratulations, you hooked me from the introductory
    flypage QUOTES, and that's a pretty impressive feat.

I'm one page in and already struck by such phrases as:

"Fear and guilt were stuffed into every crack, to prevent the light from seeping through."
    " I will not compare translations, until I find one that translates around a mistake."

Wonderful writing, thank you so much for posting this.

[inkling]

• startingover
    startingover

Thanks Fred

Your book continues to be one of my favorite reads. Everytime I read it I have this overwhelming desire to share it with the world, the christian world that is. I shared one chapter with a JW friend who I can talk freely with, it was the chapter entitled "The Numbers of the Book." The response was that the person didn't have an interest in stuff like that. I know that was just an excuse, because I'm fairly certain that person started reading and didn't get too far before realizing it was time to cover the ears and started chanting "LA LA LA LA LA LA".

The assumptions you make in the preface are so important. Of course, no christian could abide by those.

Thanks again!

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I would like to look at it, but at the moment I'm in Saudi and due to religious paranoia the Saudi government censors certain Internet sites. I'm not sure why they decided that sendspace.com should be censored, but it seems kind of ironic that I can't look at anti-Christian information because of their censorship.

Anyway, I thought that I would post here to bookmark the thread so I can look at it when I get out of this forsaken place.

pseudo

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    I would like to look at it, but at the moment I'm in Saudi and due to religious paranoia the Saudi government censors certain Internet sites.

Wow, that sucks. Would it be okay if I emailed it to you?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> Your book continues to be one of my favorite reads.

Mine too! It's not at all a dry listing of what's wrong with the Bible. It's a funny, irreverent look at some of the more absurd items. You don't have to be an atheist to appreciate it.

Dave

• Open mind
    Open mind

Talk about "food at the proper time"!

I just got my PDA's battery replaced and now I've got some good reading for this Sunday's meeting.

I just took a quick peek at the introductory pages. Looks great.

Thank you Running Man.

OM

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thank you.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks for the update RM.

I enjoyed reading them the first time around. It is time I did a refresher course in atheism so I will read them again.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit