The Atheist's Book of Bible Stories

by RunningMan 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

-Perhaps you should have called it 'The Skeptic's Book Of Bible Stories' instead. May have gotten more views that way?

• Scully
    Scully

Thanks for sharing this Running Man. I've always enjoyed your take on these stories.

Have you ever thought of converting the file to a PDF to give it more "permanence"? It would keep some unscrupulous character from changing your name to theirs and claiming credit that is rightfully yours.

There are free PDF converters online - http://www.pdfonline.com/ this one will email you a copy of your converted document, which you could then upload to sendspace for sharing.

• VM44
    VM44

The conversion is possible the other way as well, going from PDF to word documents.

The online site, http://www.zamzar.com, can be used for free to convert pdf files up to 100Megs in size to word documents.

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hey Running man

Enjoyed reading that all over again.

Well done - it's a great book.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

You emailed this book to me a couple of years ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

You brought out a lot of things about the Bible that a lot of critics of the Bible have never talked about before, like the mathematical absurdities in the Bible.

I still think you should expand this work and get it published in book form. I bet that some publisher like Prometheus Books would publish it.

CyrusThePersian

• VM44
    VM44

or perhaps you might consider publishing using Lulu.com? That would get the book out right away to people who would like to read it in hard copy form.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Oh man - this book deserves so much more recognition and publicity than it's getting!

I have printed it all out and am reading it as a regular book on paper now (didn't know my printer could print duplex, but it could).

I've come as far as the tale of how Samson lit the fire, and I'm in stitches! I'm laughing my ass off here!

You've really done a great job of writing this in an entertaining way, and I salute you for your intelligence and the astute manner in which you have put this forth. Most people, probably myself included, would just read right past these verses and never think twice about them, but you pick up on the smallest things that are actually quite important once you flesh out the details and the numbers and calculations behind it.

It's a very enjoyable read. Sure - apologists have replies to some of these things (I can sometimes hear my JW conditioning echo in the back of my head while I read), but most of the time they need to add things to the story that aren't there, in an effort to build scaffolding that the story can rest on. But the Word of God shouldn't need scaffolding in the first place, as you also point out.

I wish Bible believers would read this as well, and appreciate the absurd comedy in it.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Hey! Does anyone have a copy of this? The link isn't working....

• lrkr
    lrkr

The link is not working. But I've been thinking a lot about this lately. We publish books that show in vivid color that the world was destroyed by a flood, but there are not really any childrens books that present the history of the earth and human life as scientists currently understand them.

A whole generation is being taught that every animal was really put into a wooden box and preserved. Our children will be ashamed of us!!!

• Eh
    Eh

Does anyone have a copy of this? I read some of the Chapters posted throughout the forums and I'd love a copy of the whole polished thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit