What Will Your Children Be Doing April 25, 2008?

by freydi 67 Replies latest jw friends

• freydi
    freydi

What Will Your Children Be Doing April 25, 2008?
    http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/site/article/

"The Gay Straight Alliance is sponsoring its annual Day of Silence on April 25, 2008, at public schools and colleges across the country. They are encouraging children to observe a day of silence to protest what they claim are bullying, harassment and name-calling of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students. The most amazing thing is the public school system is actually giving them an ENTIRE day to stage their protest. Clubs are being urged to set up stations to hand out information concerning gender identity. They also suggest the groups have a party where students can break the silence. How many other groups do you think would be given this privileged status?"

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Usually social and political groups are not permitted to distribute propaganda to children. But, I guess if that doesn't stop the Witlesses, it won't stop the gays.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Usually social and political groups are not permitted to distribute propaganda to children. But, I guess if that doesn't stop the Witlesses, it won't stop the gays.

???? What do you mean by "propaganda"? There is a difference between religious lies and fact. If people are trying to teach tolerance to children I don't see how you can call it propaganda. Now if you start teaching kids that homosexuals are immoral and will be punished for there "sins" then I will agree that this is propaganda.

• freydi
    freydi

What is moral about perversion? Read Romans 1.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

That sounds like a great initiative. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, freydi. It's a pity that such a campaign is still necessary but bigotry is hard to eradicate.

• freydi
    freydi

Well, like JR Ewing said, "Get rid of integrity and the rest is easy."

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
  • lovelylil
    lovelylil

I think its a great idea! There is a boy on my daughter's school bus who is constantly bullied and called really nasty, vile names because he is gay. My daughter spoke up to the school and complained about the fact that the bus driver refuses to anything about this. I have also called the school myself about this issue which I consider to be harrasment of this child due to his sexual nature. btw: they are both freshman and 15 years old.

No one should have to be subjected to the daily abuse and bullying this child has had to endure.

And for all the other Christians out there who may say "Well, I don't support homosexuality", (which is what my husband said to me), well consider this; While the Bible does not condone this practice, ask yourself if it does condone physical and mental abuse or bullying and abusive speech towards those who are gay? I thought not. Also, what kind of "christian" would stand by and allow this abuse to happen to anyone for ANY reason?? To me if you stand and do nothing, you are just as bad as those doing the actual bullying.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I will pass it on to both my kids. Peace, Lilly

• freydi
    freydi

You're right Lil, the Bible doesn't condone such behavior. It condemns it along with certain other practices that are treated as parlor games.

Rom 1:32 "Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

My kids will be looking for the protestors and beating up the little queers.

(joke)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit