Issues That Made You ANGRY While You Were A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, the Witnesses LOVE making you feel guilty over everything.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The fact that I had to defend the organization when it clearly didn't make any sense.

• raindog
    raindog

Heres my list:

1)Being told that the world was going to end so there was no sense in going to college. For years, even after leaving the Borg, I still had issues with getting an education.

2)Not being able to participate in sports. My gym teacher in middle school pleaded with my parents to let me be on the wrestling team.

3)Probably the most personal one is when I took piano lessons one summer. The instructor thought I was talented enough that he was willing to give me free lessons in return for helping him repair pipe organs on the weekend. Well, everyone knows where pipe organs are located, so that brought an end to my budding musical career.

4)Going through the '75 debacle. I saw people that quit their jobs and sell their homes, for what?

5)The way people were snubbed when they were disfellowshiped. I remember a teenage girl who got pregnant. She came to every meeting and sat in the back row. Nobody ever talked to her. Even after she was "reinstated", people snubbed her.

• looloo
    looloo

people being oh so judgemental , being critical of worldlys , elders lording of you, feeling like tom cruise in the film the firm (mafia ) to name but a few , i didnt worry about the paedophile problem because that sort of thing didnt happen in jehovahs org (well it did but we didnt know about that then ,just the elders knew) and i hate the way they go on about how bad the world is ,when some nice things happen too

• minimus
    minimus

Raindog, a powerful list. The fact that talented people could not develop it is a shame.

• Robert7
    Robert7

1) Education is bad, so you have a bunch of uneducated people.

2) Independent thought (intelligence) is bad, so you have a bunch of blind followers.

3) Money is bad, so you have a congregation of people struggling to make ends meet.

• minimus
    minimus

No one can pay the KH's bills. Window washing is no longer in big demand.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That January 1, 1976 came and things still seemed the same as 1975.

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Being told to reach out for more in the congregation and only getting crap jobs like :

Timekeeping in ministry school.

being on the sound team and being told i was doing an important job and they needed me.[Only to be replaced easily when i left]

Announcements person for tuesday book study [To be replaced when i started missing meetings by some guy that had left for years and had only been back five minutes.

All your so called friends dissapear once you stop going to meetings.

And lots more.....

• minimus
    minimus

A major reason for anger is the time wasted. We have wasted so much time!!!

People were told they should remain single. They were told to live their life in God's House, Bethel.

They were told not to have kids if they HAD to get married.

They were told not to pursue their dreams. Not to excel in their natural talents. Not to work overtime and possibly miss a crummy meeting.

They were told not to have "normal" fun because anything "worldly" isn't right.

They were told to get home schooling or whatever was mandatory and then become a Watchtower dunce.

They were told they alone truly loved you when we all know (now) it just isn't the truth (Truth).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit