Can I (a Christian) go out with a jw?

by asdf44 44 Replies latest social relationships

• asdf44
    asdf44

She openly talks about religion. Her dad has been married twice before to non-witnesses, and has been divorced twice before. She says she doesn't talk to her mom who she hates, and wasn't a witness. She also joined the wt only about 2 or 3 years ago...she's 20 now. I'm 17. She's openly talked about the religion when I've asked about it. She's the nicest person I've ever met, and one of the only girls I talk to.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I suggest you ask why she's telling you that Witnesses do go out with non-Witnesses when in actual fact they're not allowed to.

Btw, no sex before marriage okay with you guys?

• asdf44
    asdf44

They must be allowed to go out with non witnesses since her dad married 2 non witnesses, and was not disfellowshipped for the kingdom hall.

• asdf44
    asdf44

Don't think you can edit posts on here, but I wanted to ask this also. Can jw's make out (like kissing and hugging) before marriage? I would think it would be ok. I know that oral sex is a sin, and premartial sex is also a sin.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

She shouldn't get disfellowshipped for marrying a non-believer, but it's STRONGLY counselled against and she would be looked down upon. Displays of emotion between couples should only be carried out in public so as to avoid the possibility of things getting out of (or indeed, into) hand.

Either get her out of the cult first to give your relationship a chance at a stable basis, or leave her be.

Please know that as a Christian, in JW land you are part of Revelation's Babylon the Great (which is all religion apart from theirs) which will be destroyed at Armageddon. If she marries you, she will lose you when her loving God does his stuff because you didn't listen to the warning message. This is how clearly she is thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit