Can I (a Christian) go out with a jw?

by asdf44 44 Replies latest social relationships

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ah, the energy and enthusiasm of youth. I'm fond of all you boys. I don't want any of you hurt.

• asdf44
    asdf44

Every night I go home from work after working with her I feel so bad. She's one of the nicest people I've ever met, and her smile is amazing. Uh....it's just really really frustrating having to work with someone that you really like and know that there is virtually 0 chance you'll ever see each other outside of work.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

gotta side with the masses on this one............. most young women want that big fancy wedding....... the first and so called only(hopefully) you will not be able to provide that for her. JWs are so damn judgemental that all her friends wont attend........ you will have to pretty much elope or do a vegas wedding. if her familys in .......... forget about it....... they wont show up. to them you are food for birds(birds will eat your corpse at armaggedon........ nice huh)

I will make a suggestion tho.......... and hope and pray that you will take it to heart. read up and do extensive research into the beliefs and practices of jws.......... especially in places like this where you will find out the truth from every aspect. there are people here that were kicked out...... and you can say that they have an axe to grind........... sure....... but there are also people who left because of their so called bible trained conscience........ who did everything they were supposed to do but when their eyes were opened......... they couldnt be a part of such a evil mind controlling organization.

now i know someone...... they are in "good standing" in the religion and they were married to a total tool....... complete bastard for decades. all the dubs thought he was a saint because he could give those talks that transformed him into an angel of light, just like someone else i know. now this fool was adored......... revered ect in the district and beyond. so he passes more than a year ago, now his widow wants to remarry... meets a wonderful brother whos warm and just a great all around guy. same kinda situation...... lost his wife a year ago or so........... they connect. his elders have him on public reproof for a minor sin that jehovah forgave him for over a year ago.............. but the MEN this cult appointed to take care of the flock will not give him back his privledges.......... no matter what he does. These MEN loved her ex and dont think hes worthy of her so they are fightihng tooth and nail to keep them from marrying. they threatened him with him never getting his privledges back unless he breaks up with her................. where would that be in the bible?

they are fighting against the elders....... but i dont know how long that will last. in the end the elders almost always win........... so i have another question for you.............. if they treat their own like this............. would you ever want to join up? its a LOSE LOSE situation and always will be.

a so called good witness will never give you the time of day, if shes not......... but she still belives then you will never know if she will go back to it later. so her wild oats and then try to buy her way back into paradise with a few good years of service. worst is if you were to have kids............... and to have your child raised in a CULT............ no thank you.

best wishes tho in whatever you do, hope you pass........ will be hella easier.

• pjj62
    pjj62

I met and married a JW. When we dated, she was disfellowed. She had told me she would never go back. Once married, guess what? She went back to the meetings. Now its 4 to 5 times a week.As an earlier post said, you will not be number 1 in her life, or 2 ect... All they care about is pleasing the cult members in NY. They are controlled, manipulated and and walk around in a fog. I gave this women a beauitiful home, car money ect... she had nothing when we met. All of this doesnt matter to her.So, if you want to be in a relationship with a person who is just a shell without her own sense of self, good luck. All I can say is read, read, read. Then you can make an informed decision.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I responded to this post because of your subject line.

Jehovah's Witnesses view only themselves as true Christians. All other Christians are in the same boat as Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Atheists, and Pagans. In their view, being a Christian isn't going to score you more brownie points than an Atheist if you have no intention of converting.

• sustainedhaze
    sustainedhaze

I see that you keep with the hope that someone will give you the go ahead answer you want, reality-wise, you are probably in the last place someone would give you the go ahead on this one. It's just a bad start to a relationship, and many of us who have spent some serious time in the JW's (27 years for me), really are warning you of serious problems that will arise. It's good to have hope, but I could also hope that that coke addicted stripper would make me a good partner as well. Marry a witness means involving the org. in your life, whether you want it or not. Take it from us in the know, it's kicking the proverbial tar-baby. Once you do it, you'll wish you never had.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Anything is possible.

Probability and price are the forces to be reckoned with.

• asdf44
    asdf44

I still really like this girl. I asked her last night if jw's could go out with non witnesses, and she basically said yes, but it was hard because the non believers family has a hard time dealing with the witness not celebrating anything. I would really like to ask her out to a movie or something, but I'm afraid to.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

If she said yes, that probably means she is willing to go out with you. But, she is a liar. She lied to you straight up. I left the org for about a year and a half, then I met a witness in a college class and asked her out ( I didn't know she was a witness until the end of our first date. I took this to mean that God was asking me back to the Borg I ended up reactivating on some level, and we even got engaged. Then it all came crashing down when we had sex. I was disfellowshippe and she wasn't. This meant that while we were engaged, she could not assiciate with her fiance'. At that point I dropped her and got the hell out of there. It was a painful break-up, but I'm glad I learned the lesson thT IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A CULT, YOU WILL GET FUCKed over eventually, and the girl will remain a faihful cult member.

I think the best advice here is "Hit it then quit it." But only if you can nail her with a minimal amount of time and effort. If she doesn't put out in the first month, forget it. Move on.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

My advice: only proceed if they see the fallacies and realise their religion is a fraud, as it will pose SERIOUS implications on any relationship they have. Ironically, you might be the best chances these girls have of getting out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit