Can I (a Christian) go out with a jw?

by asdf44 44 Replies latest social relationships

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Oh God....step inside the mouse trap for the cheese.....some do become Witnesses grab the girl and then leave but that's alot of hours and hard work for a girl!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    this girl who just turned JW last year march. she has said it might not work out, but we're still friends

If the girl has a conscience fit and goes to the elders about your relationship, it will be all over, bud.

Why did she join the JW's? Are any of her family in? Does she express any doubts about her choice at all? Even though she just got baptized, preparation to the baptism can take months or years. The sad consequence is that by baptism, the potential convert has invested too much to gracefully back out. She may be more committed than you can imagine.

• tank3r87
    tank3r87

Yeah, her mom and elder brother's jw. but her dad isnt. apparently i met up with her brother since i had some questions. and he couldnt really answer my questions well. well, im guessing she did see her elder or something cos she has sad that things wont work out. is there like any way?

• -Tank
    -Tank

Even if you are a Christian, you could be as hardcore as you want to be, as long as you are not a Jehovah witness, you will not be accepted. Anything other then there own religion, is completely and totally 100% irrelevant.

Save yourself the pain, the trouble, the agony. I wish I would have had this board before I approached a situation similar to yours, I will tell you this, it did not work out, and now I am alone.

I know you came here looking for positive answers and hope, but I cannot honestly tell you to go face the same situation countless others here have faced, knowing the outcome will be horrid. We tell you the cold hard negative truth because it could save you from having to learn the hard way.

In my opinion, it is very hard, but just pick up and go on with life. Find a woman that is not religious.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, tank, my man! It all becomes abundantly clear when you see it from another's eyes, doesn't it? You've been on a long, brave road and there's nothing wrong with the great love you gave.

But hey! "Find a woman who is not religious"! That includes me! There are some great, decent women out there, but the Witnesses, especially, don't allow people "not of our kind" in.

• -Tank
    -Tank

Hello again. I should have said that better, find a woman who is not a JW. I got so frustrated thinking about my situation my bitterness took over my keyboard haha.

• oompa
    oompa

You might could just get her drunk and nail her.... kidding....though that often really works well. JW's have this really harsh rule that they are to date and marry "only in the lord" which to them means ONLY other JW's. The Jews in the Old Testament were told pretty much the same thing...marry only other Jews....HOWEVER, there was a BIG loophole type "princible" (JW's LOVE Bible principles). Here it is from their OWN Bible:

(Deuteronomy 21:10-14) 10 "In case you go out to the battle against your enemies and Jehovah your God has given them into your hand and you have carried them away captive; 11 and you have seen among the captives a woman beautiful in form, and you have got attached to her and taken her for your wife, 12 you must then bring her into the midst of your house. She must now shave her head and attend to her nails, 13 and remove the mantle of her captivity from off her and dwell in your house and weep for her father and her mother a whole lunar month; and after that you should have relations with her, and you must take possession of her as your bride, and she must become your wife. 14 And it must occur that if you have found no delight in her, you must then send her away, agreeably to her own soul; but you must by no means sell her for money. You must not deal tyrannically with her after you have humiliated her. . .

So as sick as this is....and it is sick....If she finds you beautiful in form, in principle you could hook up, but she may feel the need, in principle, to kill off all the rest of your family first..............................oompa

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I'm going to break with the crowd here and give it a maybe. I say that because for one I don't have a lot of information about the situation and secondly, a lot of witnesses aren't doing that great in the church.

Does she hang out with people at work at all? Does she try to preach to people at work? If she hangs out with other non-witnesses, you probably have a chance. Even if you manage to date her, you could be in for a world of hurt, and you'll dread every assembly and convention that she'll come back from ready to break up with you thanks to her "renewed zeal." You'll be her dirty little secret, and it will be impossible to have a normal relationship.

The further out of the witnesses she is, the more likely the relationship will work.

• tank3r87
    tank3r87

Hey jnat! yeah oompa, that verse is kinda twisted. its like back to the middle east where the ladies of the household(let alone in the region) have no form of rights or say.. And seriously, there was one night where i got drunk by myself(yeah, i know its cliche) cos of the sudden msg she sent me to end all contact with her sometime back. But i have a close friend who's hindu and he's taught me to respect all religions as they all preach about peace.And B_Deserter, she does hang out with her schoolmates and gives tuition to kids who are non-jw. but i guess she spends just as much time with her congregation. The thing is, i do respect her for what she is, heck, even what she believes in(but no way im gonna convert). but in a way, i also do wanna help her out of this for her own good. And TANK, yeah, i know how u feel. the night b4 i met her brother, i was way beyond the point of sober and cool temper when i was coming up with questions to ask him. haha.. and from the forum, i've read about happily married couples where one spouse's a jw while the other's not. but they went through hell to make things work. But those are like a small percentage compared to those that dont work out. i know the chances are slim, but it wouldnt hurt to try? And guys & girls, thanks for the advice too..:)

• Highlander
    Highlander

You can try to 'hit it and quit it', but don't get into a relationship with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit