Time is nothing but a Ilusion!!! Here is why....

by Blackboo 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worf
    worf

Blackboo,

You are correct in your view of existence.

Existence is axiomatic and requires no further explanation.

Existence simply exists. It always has and always will exist.

For anyone to say that existence at one time did not exist, is a contradiction.

Existence cannot not exist.

Good post. Interesting too.

Worf

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    but the fact is something HAD to ALWAYS be present

Sorry- says WHO? Why the frak do you get to make the rules? Maybe
    we DID all just pop into existence from nothing! Who are you to
    tell the universe what it can and cannot do?

Even when there is nothing, there is something, because space and darkness are somethings. Are they not?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Nice article, gopher. However, it's only the unstable parts of 'nothing' that come into manifestation. The greater part, which may be infinite, remains in it's resting state. I love the snowflake illustration.

S

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

New Scientist have printed several good articles pondering whether time exists or not.

They did speculate that time is merely a trick that our consciousness uses to make sense of everything existing all at once in a singularity - October 1999 if memory serves me correctly.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Now you know what the atheist says next --- where did God come from? Nothing ? Aha something came from nothing. Riddle me that.

Causality implies time. God has been traditionally understood as being eternal. This does not mean that he has lived an infinite time, this would place him within time. It means that he is eternal, which is timeless existence. To "come from" something has no meaning without time.

Burn

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ok, i confess. I don't know what a boson is, or what it does. However, i'm not closed to the idea that it does/may exist. Further, if one ever does manifest itself, i would be ready to do lunch w it, w the porpoise of getting to know it better. Bearing in mind where it may or may not have been, it may have quite a story to tell ;)

S always maintaining an open mind

• Gopher
    Gopher
    God has been traditionally understood as being eternal. This does not mean that he has lived an infinite time, this would place him within time. It means that he is eternal, which is timeless existence.

In your vision of God, he is alive, right? When something or someone is alive, they are spending time. "Timeless existence" is a theist's way of evading the question, from where did God come? It's circular reasoning -- as if to say, he was always there -- so don't worry about it.

So one of us finds "something from nothing" implausible, whereas the other of us finds "timeless existence" implausible. I guess we agree to disagree.

• funkyderek
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Umm. Funky, is that supposed to be a boson?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit