Time is nothing but a Ilusion!!! Here is why....

by Blackboo 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    the present = eternity.

I agree with that (for now!) Existence is. By definition, the past has ceased to exist, the future is yet to come into existence, how can there be anything other than the 'eternal now'?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    God has been traditionally understood as being eternal. This does not mean that he has lived an infinite time, this would place him within time. It means that he is eternal, which is timeless existence.

I know there has been much debate devoted to these questions on God's ontology. But still I doubt whether it is possible to be at the same time outside time and space and yet being supposed to influence and steer events within these categories. If god evades certain categories how can he be anything different than a redundant entity humans shouldn't care much about?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    In your vision of God, he is alive, right?

Not in the same way we are. We are temporal beings.

I guess we agree to disagree.

I disagree with that.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker
    Have you guys ever thought about when was the very first moment of anything in all existence??? When you think about it...really think about it..there could had NEVER been anytime when nothing existed...because it would have to remain that way period. Thats why i believe existence is a constant unchanging state or eternal. U cannot measure eternity. Time is nothing but a thing that has nothing to do with eternity. 400 Billion years is your idea of eternity....but get this...its still not eternity! Eternity never ends...so u cannot measure it in ANY numbers. Thats crazy. Where could ever thing come from without any thought or mind? Have u ever seen anything evolved in the last 100 years? Or now? If evolution was true...then why have we not seen pigs or monkeys finally turn into another hybrid of animal? lol something to think about my people.

I've often wondered how a powerful, superdynamic God could just come into being. "I am the Alpha and the Omgea"

Perhaps their existed a "potential" to become something else and turbulence within the potential created God.

I've often wondered about the length of time that existed between God doing nothing and God doing something.

Also, what language did God "think" in?

What was God's earliest memory?

Where does God get his energy from if he was not created?

There are some things we will never know, but that shouldn't stop enquiring minds from enquiring.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

When we think of time, what comes to mind?

Clocks measure time like rulers measure space. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, next week, next year, in half an hour

Time gives us order. Early forms of measuring time were the sun rising and the sun setting.

In the Old Testament it seems as if there was morning, midday, evening and night.

By the time the New Testament was written, people were talking of hours.

I stand to be corrected if these statements aren't entirely accurate.

Time like space is non-existent. It is our concept. It only has the properties that we give to it.

Space is a void devoid of matter. It doesn't exist because it is nothing. But it helps us put things in perspective. If I go up in a spaceship, I am leaving earth and entering "space".

OK, I think I need a beer.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I think what your saying is...........Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long...time is a river and Iam the boat foating down in a forward motion......if I create my Flux-capacitor I'm sooo out of here to see if Jesus was for real.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I wonder who the genius was that first conceived of the idea of nothingness! Some east Indian precurser to the lad or lassy that thought of zero!

Ultimately one of the greatest contributions to science.

carry on blackbooty

• inkling
    inkling
    space and darkness are somethings. Are they not?

I agree. "space" implies a "blank canvas" for the laws of physics to paint itself on.
    "Darkness" implies a place for light to possibly be.

To understand the idea I am going for, take the universe as we know it, delete all
    the light, all the matter, all the "things". You are left with space and darkness.

Now delete those.

Not a blank canvas of laws and possibilities, but whatever is left once those are gone.

Travel to the edge of the universe, and then take one more step. What is outside the bubble?

Everything we think is based of the laws of the universe, so we simply do
    no own the tools needed to imagine them gone.

[inkling]

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Everything we think is based of the laws of the universe, so we simply do
    no own the tools needed to imagine them gone.

A fish cannot comprehend the existence of water. He is too deeply immersed in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit