I have found a local editor that favors my letters - so.....

by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I kind of submitted a 'closure' letter to the local Jw's. It actually is more for me, than them. I don't actually know if it will be posted - but the local editor has printed all my past letters - and all of them have been far more critical and pointed than this one. I think he will print it - we shall see.

Anyway - here is the letter as submitted:

An Open Letter to Jehovah’s Witnesses

My Former Brothers and Sisters;

For all of my productive years of life, till I was 48, I believed in your religion. I lived it. I preached it. I talked the talk and walked the walk.

I was wrong. In October of 2007 I removed myself legally from your religion. I did so after three difficult years of inspection and introspection. I was finally unable to justify the moral wrongs that I became aware of inside the walls of the Kingdom Hall and the Headquarters in Brooklyn. I detected lies from the top, an organization that publicly denounced the United Nations as the wild beast of Revelation, but who privately attached itself to that body for a period of ten years. I discovered an organization, both local and international, that did not deal well with a significant pedophilia problem within, leading to broken and destroyed lives. I found an organization that had altered the Bible, even using a spiritualist’ translation by Johannes Greber to support key textual adjustments in support of favored doctrinal positions. I discovered so much more, so much that I might indeed write a book someday - but not here.

When I left, however, I found wonderful things that I did not anticipate finding. Things that were screened off from me while I was inside the organization. I found that the Christians down the street were not the spawn of the Devil as we had been taught, but decent and caring and loving souls, just trying to worship God in the best way they knew how. I discovered that the million and a half Jehovah’s Witnesses who have left the organization in the past decade are also good and fine people, likely the cream of the crop. Many of them, like me, leaving due to a Crisis of Conscience. I discovered that I did not need a constant indoctrination, a man-written dogma to tell me how to live, what to wear, when to smile. I discovered that I like life now, and don’t wish to live in a paradise with others who rejoice over the idea that a sadistic God will kill 6 billion people so that a few might live. I prefer to worship a loving God who accepts us for what we are, allows us to read His Word and understand and apply it, and who has no desire to exterminate most of the human race to give earthly residence to a few smug religionist who have spent their lives selling literature to others to earn salvation. I discovered that I don't wish to 'shun' and ostracize my relatives and friends who have used their God-given right to choose and think for themselves. That I find greater happiness in embracing a sinner who might come to repentance than I do in treating him like so much cat-manure on my shoe. I have learned that I don't wish to bring my grandchildren into a religion that teaches such hatred as normal, such judging as acceptable, and such doom and negatives as proper. In short, I have discovered that life is beautiful as it is - not as we dreamt it to be in a perfect world of delusion.

Some of you will continue to call, though few. Some of you will wish I was dead, as you think of me that way already. Most of you will go on believing you are 'special', chosen by God, and destined to live forever on earth. You consider me the 'evil apostate', though you have not confirned anything at all about me personally since I left your sales-group. Que sera, sera. I cannot change you. I don't wish to. I only hope that some of you will someday open your eyes, let the scales fall from them, do an honest investigation of your faith from outside the box you have been nailed inside for so long. If you do that, I look forward to welcoming you outside. If you don't, then your captivity is your fault. I love you all.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Well done. You're right, it's not really for the JW's. When I was one, I would have stopped right at the beginning of the second paragraph at the word "wrong".

Actually it will be a good anti-witness for any non-JW's who might read it. Any time people learn more about the hateful and deceitful nature of that religion, they get inoculated from any possible future exposure to the dogma.

• JK666
    JK666

Jeff,

Keep pounding the newspapers, dude. The only thing I might suggest is to take out some of the inflammatory comments, such as "sales-group."

JK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Keep pounding the newspapers, dude. The only thing I might suggest is to take out some of the inflammatory comments, such as "sales-group."

I suppose that's one way to go. Mine would probably not get printed, because if I made such a letter,
    it would be nothing but INFLAMMATORY.

Good letter. A bit soft on them by my standards.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your own words on RULES & REGULATION's latest thread:

the organization promotes a negativity in it's membership, that aside from doctrines, morals or beliefs, is detrimental to humans. These souls go thru life waiting for God to wipe out the majority of humankind. They find only negatives in the people outside the organization. They create a society within that is paranoid, self-deluded and psychotic on some levels as a result.

If for no other reason - I oppose Jehovah's Witnesses because they ruin the lives of the six or seven million people who are attached to the cult. And the ripple-effect on family and others who know them reaches out to tens of millions more I am sure. Like us - still here dealing with the aftermath of the life they imposed.

Jeff

Now put that in a DA letter and you got yourself a great letter.
    Yours probably worked better. Just my bitterness showing through.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps a little 'inflammatory' in places, agreed. But compared to what I would like to say - very mild.

I don't think that local Jw's will be able to avoid reading it - I know they will want to know what the local non dubs have read about them. They might wish they didn't - but they will. And perhaps a few souls in the territory that are considering Jw's or studying with them, will take a fair look before they leap.

Jeff

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I think it's a pointed mix of pity and resolution. Well-written Jeff, as always. I hope it gets printed.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Way kewl, Jeff!! Let us know when they publish it!!

shell

• carla
    carla

Well done! Let us know if it makes it in the paper!

• Open mind
    Open mind

AK-Jeff:

like so much cat-manure on my shoe.

Nice visual. Nothing worse than cat poop.

Great letter, BTW.

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit