Lets talk about Jesus!

by real one 87 Replies latest jw friends

• real one
    real one

Luke 4:16-19 Jesus, went back to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and as usual He went to the meeting place on the sabbath. When he stood up to read from the Scriptures, He was given the book of Isaiah the prophet. He opened it and read,

"The Lord's Spirit has come to me, because he has chosen me to tell the good news to the poor. The Lord has sent me to announce freedom for prisoners, to give sight to the blind, to free everyone who suffers, and to say, "This is the year the Lord has chosen."

Do you feel that Jesus can fufil His purpose in your life?

• brinjen
    brinjen

No.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Where was he between the ages of 12 and 30? That's some bad story-telling.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I have been converted to the "Monty Python" religion so I say..............."He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy."

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I don't know anymore.

I have a question though. Who were the people resurrected when Jesus died? Matt. 27:52 "The tombs were opened, and many of the bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised"

momz

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

No

nj

• sacolton
    sacolton

If I recall, the official WTBTS answer to that scripture was the result of the earthquake that propped open the tombs and the corpses were
    sitting up in their graves to give the appearance that they were risen. Yeah, sounds like a weak explaination to me.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Really sacolton? That is very weak. And stupid and not applicable to the scripture at all.

I can't believe I listened to them all those years.

momz

• real one
    real one

i read that too momz and i just figured it was people like Moses, John the Baptist, and other saints

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

As I've said in the past Jesus tomb was found in Israel with Mary Magdelene and their kids....case closed...see the documentary....he lived died and that's it....why do you think nothing is written about his personal life until 30 years of age...what were they hiding..his family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit