How many of the 144K anointed were in your congregation

by MOG 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MOG
    MOG

Growing up in the Spanish congregation in Chicago - I knew 4-5 of this supposed anointed. All of them no longer are JW, 2-3 of them started their own religion…the other 2 was a mother and son. They never went house to house, never raised their hands in meetings, never went to the book study we held is our own private homes. They always came in at the last minute and left at the moment it was concluded..

• thepackage
    thepackage

There was one Sister in my old hall who claimed to be of the annointed. Funny thing about her, her husband molested a couple of kids in the hall and none of her children talked to her.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I only ever knew of one that had been in my congregation some years ago, but there was gossip that she wasn't worthy enough or something like that.

Maddie

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My dad professed to be of the anointed. Then there was one sister who lived next door to us when I was little. There is one near where I live now and he seems ok. One in particular was in Sacramento. She was a serious nutjob and had been disfellowshipped several times. She even called her son satan.....

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We had two back in Cleveland in the 70's both were unusual. One accidently shot himself in the chest and drove around with Yhwh plastered on his car and he had yhwh signs in front of his house.

The other was an old widow lady, I guess she wasnt so weird if you dont count be a witness as weird.

• Akira
    Akira

One. And is part of my family.

• oompa
    oompa

NONE for a long time.....in 40+ years only one or two at most....my great uncle was a real nutcase so of course he was one,but was not in my hall. now I want to partake just to see the looks of those around me.................oompa

• Mincan
    Mincan

Uno, once she died I was always afraid she was watching me masturbate.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There have been a many, all were quite nutty, and most are no longer JWs. There was one who was an elder, but not quite with the program.

I knew Geoff Jackson AKA Governing Body member before he was anointed. It was a shock to everyone, particularly his family, when in his late 30s (maybe early 40s) he started to claim to be anointed.

• oompa
    oompa

About 20 years ago I had a CO no less...Bob Simmons declare the calling....no $hit....how CONVEINENT....his wife was called within the the same year!! I fixed the furnace on their camper...no charge of course..............oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit