Talk with My Mom - My Elder brother Explains Bethel Changes to Her

by flipper 21 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Talked with my witness mom, 80 years old this morning - and apparently she is pretty stoked up about the BS my ex- Bethel brother ( a cloned elder of 35 years ) said to her about all the changes at Bethel going on. Obviously he still has inside ties at Bethel. To avoid being redundant ( as I know most of you have heard some of this stuff ), my mom explained to me that my brother told her , " They are selling off most of the buildings in Brooklyn as in the next 3 years they plan to move the ENTIRE operation to Patterson and upstate New York. " I asked my mom, " Do you think this is a cost -cutting measure on the societies part ? " She said, " Oh no ! Not at all ! They are doing this move because of all the horrible terrorist threats in New York and because it's getting too dangerous there ! With the stock market going downhill and with all of the financial institutions in New York - the brothers want to be somewhere more rural to be in a smaller area ! "

I sighed as she continued droning on, " Also many of the older brothers and sisters who have served at Bethel are being re-assigned to pioneer in special needs areas to help out there as they are getting younger , more energetic brothers and sisters to use. " I wanted to say something sarcastic about the word " used " , but thought better of it. Then she said, " Also they aren't going to send brothers and sisters overseas anymore to dangerous countries as the political climate is too scary for them to be in some places in the world. " I felt like saying, " I thought Jehovah protects you guys- aren't you supposed to have faith in his protection? " But, I resisted and kept duct tape on my mouth. She's 80 , she isn't going to change , let her live her last little dream.

So, I asked how my sister was doing and asked her, " Would you please send me both versions of your April 1st and April 15th Watchtowers in the mail - the witness version and the one you take out in field service ? I'd like to compare them both to see any differences. " So she said she'd send me them , as I've been curious to see what the differences are . So, as you can see, they tell the witnesses what they want them to hear and think. Have any of you heard anything else recently about what's going on with these changes back in Bethel ? What is the latest ? Do you have any more information to share ? I would like to see it if you have more ? Look forward to your responses

• JK666
    JK666

flipper,

Quite Orwellian, isn't it?

JK

• flipper
    flipper

JK- Orwellian indeed my friend it is ! Eerie in fact. Almost Jonestown eerie . It's like , " Let's all go to upper state New York where they can't see what we are doing ?! " Jeez ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Thought I'd bump this up for late viewers to see . Actually I feel sorry for my mom that whatever the society says she accepts as the " gospel truth " and that the " faithful and discreet slave " has all of their best interests at heart. I don't understand blind faith ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Apparently Watchtower doesn't believe the big A is coming in the next 3 years.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry to hear that your mother is keeping her WT-colored glasses on.
    Some would say that she is better off at her age staying behind her beliefs
    rather than be embittered like me or others. I disagree. The truth is the truth
    and she deserves to know. That said, she might be happier staying
    where she is, and has all her cognitive dissonance pushed aside, so let her
    be.

I doubt they have even officially started the C.O.'s and others to speculate
    that they are uprooting totally in Brooklyn, but they will soon. Perhaps, I
    am wrong and they did already.

Some have said the GB is already out of Brooklyn. I never heard official
    word. Anyone?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Hey, I don't blame them. It's hard to have room for a commune in an urban setting.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

They are getting ready for "Wacko II, the Sequel"

Skeeter

• flipper
    flipper

DEVON MCBRIDE- It sure seems like they don't believe armageddon is coming anytime soon !

OTWO- I have talked with my mom about the child abuse scandal, the witnesses views of college education, the witnesses views of psychology and therapists - so she had been informed a lot from me , but you are right, she likes her rose colored glasses ! Time will tell how soon they get out of Bethel though .

SIR NOSE- Maybe Bethel will become a commune of hippies ! Good idea ! With all that rural countryside to roam, why not ?

SKEETER II - Wacko II, the sequel ! Funny ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• megaflower
    megaflower

maybe it is easier to hide the pedophiles in a rural area, sick sob's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit