Most people try to do the best they can most of the time

by Gayle 20 Replies latest jw friends

• real one
    real one

alymc so true

• Maddie
    Maddie

It's people in cults that regard other people as evil. As you say most people just try to do their best.

Maddie

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Most people are stuck in stagnation ruts. You see it every day at work. Most people do not like it when it's time to get up for work, and they like it when work is done for the day (and weekend). They spend their time off drinking and doing other things to mask this burden, but it is largely ineffective.

Witlesses have it even worse. They have to get up for field circus every day. They are expected to stay out all day, every day. Their ministry is repeating the same line every door, all day long (a spambot can do that work, for crying out loud). And most of the things that most people do to release tension and mask that burden are banned. So they get extra houndings all the time. Ultimately, with all the sacrifice they have to make (to Ted Jaracz, the face of which is so ugly it makes me want to puke just looking at it), those people often end up worse than the average worldly person.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Have to agree with you Gayle. It was the same realisation that made me conclude that J W'ism was just not true. In no way could I believe in a God who wanted to slaughter ordinary people just because they did not worship with the WTS.

Even in the old days I used to have mental rejection of a lot of those things. A speaker would ask rhetorically something like "When was the last time that you felt you could trust someone" and I would think "All the time " - I used to think that I must be lucky and that my workmates and neighbours must be nicer than normal.

• real one
    real one

yeah the wts burdens people too much you can tell something is wrong when you dread going, if you are serving the true God you will love to go to church!

• chickpea
    chickpea

the staunchest and most unwavering support i received in one of the worst crisis a family can face came from people outside the b0rg..... and that spoke volumes to me in terms of what i was doing with my time, money and intellect.....

one of the things i found most refreshing outside the confines of that cult is the lack of judgment, not only on my part, but on the part of most of the people i interact with..... you simply get to be who you happen to be......

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I was raised in the truth and I was taught and brainwashed into thinking only JW's were honest and kind and loving. Only JWs could have good family lives because of all the bible principles being followed. When I grew up I was puzzled as to why I wasn't seeing this. I met other people who were not JW's and they seemed kinder and more loving than the ones in the so called truth. I have met tons of people who have good principles and they are not following the Watchtower beliefs. In fact I have found people who are not JW's who follow Christian or Moral teachings have in many cases much happier familys and their children don't rebell and hate their parents because things are shoved down their throat and end up being Lies.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I found out that most people with whom we share this planet seem to be caring and helpful when they can.

When first leaving JW's, I had developed a severe walking disorder (which isn't nearly so bad now). I had to have a walking aid. Wherever I went, people were opening doors for me, offering to carry things a short way -- whatever they could do to be helpful.

This wasn't exactly the "evil, selfish" world I had been taught about while I was growing up JW.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    As a JW we were taught most people are evil, worthy to be destroyed soon by God.

Do you expect anything different from a group ofmen who think babies and children are evil distractions that need to be beaten into behaving like miniature adults instead of real children

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

As a JW we were taught most people are evil, worthy to be destroyed soon by God. There is evilness in the world unfortunately, but now I think most people are trying their best and trying to improve, work hard and successfully, be honest, take care of their families, etc.

Thats kind of what I see. But some people dont know how to get what they want without hurting their neighbor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit