So, Kingdom News #37 was intended to start the great tribulation?

by Olin Moyles Ghost 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

I have seen the following statement made on this board several times: 'KN #37 ("The End of False Religion is Near") was intended by the WBTS to provoke the great tribulation.'

That's an intriguing thought. I'm just curious where it came from. Did someone up at Bethel say that? Or are we just inferring that based on the "hard-hitting" nature of the tract?

Just curious...thanks.

• 5go
    5go

Now think about what would happen if one of them had their finger on the button.

alt

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it was supposed to pxxx off the religions to the point that they would all be banned, and then they would turn on the witlesses. Obviously, all it pxxxed off was people that got the tract and felt that it was the scam that it actually is. In fact, I saw that it was easy to use the tract to prove that the witlesses were not the truth.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

If JWs can accept that the plagues of Revelation were pronouncments at various assemblies in the early 1920s it is not hard to understand why they may feel that this Kingdom News #37 would be a trigger for the great tribulation. But, perhaps, the Watchtower Society has released "new light" on this embarrasing page of their history or kept very quiet about it hoping that it will "go away."

But I'm sure in the case of the Kingdom New #37, the Watchtower would be quick to point out that no official view was printed in the literature and that this was the "private speculation" of some individual JWs.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

OLIN

I have been asking that all over the place about that Tract for about a year. I got it in the door in Nov 06 and it frightened me. IN 2006 I didn't have the Info I have now to prove the Watchtower is a Lie. When I started asking about the reactions of ex JWs and others about the tract I found that lots didn't even know about it and people in the "world" could care less and thought it was a joke. I didn't see any reaction at all from the Churches. Obviously it didn't get any attention and it didn't Provoke the Great Tribulation. I just bet they were trying to either provoke it or give the Sheep JWs a big shove to believe and do more Service.

• Gopher
    Gopher

An active JW currently is posting on the board and saying that the JW preaching work is more for the JW's themselves than it is for the public.

If that is the case, then Kingdom News 37 was just one in a torrent of tactics by the WTS to keep its members frightened / anxious / alert, etc.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It would seem that # 37 elicted nothing more than a collective (yawn) from anyone who troubled to read it. If the boys in Brooklyn/Patterson really want to poke Buddha in the eye, they better go to Plan B.

Looked at from another perspective, this lunatical little document is a pathetic glimpse into the collective mindset of the WT-- its exagerrated, delusional sense of self-importance. Fellas, nobody's looking and nobody cares.

• 5go
    5go
    Or are we just inferring that based on the "hard-hitting" nature of the tract?

I am pretty sure it was inferred but I do remember someone posting that a bethelite said it was done to cause persecution to start.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I think it was meant to capitalize on the (then) recent child abuse scandals in the Catholic Church.

• Evidently
    Evidently

Actually it was KN#35 that was supposed to start the Great Tribulation, no wait.....it was KN#36 that was going to start it........our mistake it was KN#37, oh wait, we're absolutely positive it will be KN#38 that will launch the death of billions of people..................................go forward 30 years...........................we are positive this time, KN#86 will be the catalyst for the calamity to beset all mankind!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit