Would you rather have the truth, or your feelings spared?

by Bumble Bee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You have the truth when you realise that everybodys truth is their own reality and that ALL those telling others how they ought to be don't really know any different than to be what someone else told them.

Most people you will ever meet are living someone elses truth!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

BB, tell me the truth, I can take it.

Philip

Philip,

You are one of the most beautiful people I have ever had the honour to call a friend. That is the truth!

BB

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I asked for the truth, no matter what.

I got on my path.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I have a couple of friends I value because they will tell me the truth. Sometimes I don't like what I hear, but most of the time they are right. It has saved me from a lot of problems.

This says it the best! I feel the same way because without my closest friends I would have made lots of mistakes. I didn't always like what I was hearing when I was hearing it but as it turned out I needed to hear it!

Uzzah - In this case, the only way is to be honest. The person's feeling may be hurt but that's much better than leading them on, telling them what they want to hear and then avoiding them or not having any contact hoping they will disapear. That's just wrong on many different levels!

nj

• noni1974
    noni1974

I think the truth put in a tactful way is the best way. Don't sugar coat it.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    Honesty delivered kindly.

SPAZnik - 100% agree with you.

• Mary
    Mary
    BB asked: What would you do in a similar situation - lie and hope the person never finds out, or be upfront and honest, no matter how hard it might be?

Well hon, I believe in what de Bible says: If someone wrongs you, you pay them back ten-fold.

Uzzah said: One night a group of friends go out, everyone gets fairly drunk.

(first mistake)

Flirtation leeds to physical contact which leads to an intimate session back at the woman's home.

Second big mistake.

Throughout the time back at her place, she professes her love over and over.

And um, what does the guy say in response to her declaring her love for him? Does he tell her he loves her too? Or does he put off saying anything knowing that if he doesn't respond correctly, it's gonna end the upcoming sex act in record time.

To complicate it further, they are neighbours.

Uh-oh.

Honesty is, she is not relationship material for him but is very sexy and truth is little head won out over big head. This leaves her feeling like a piece of meet that was used.

Which is exactly what happened.

How does one honestly tell a woman who is a casual friend, that it was just a drunken mistake?

With a bullet-proof vest, a football helmet on and a good pair of running shoes.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

It depends. There are some things I simply don't need to know... and I'm comfortable not knowing them. If there is a reason I should know, then I prefer to be told up front. I've always been drawn to very up front people who don't hold back their thoughts because it is a characteristic I really value.

• brinjen
    brinjen

After growing up in a congregation where everyone would tell each other exactly what they thought of you, but never to your face, I'll take up front honesty any day. Just show a little tact.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    After growing up in a congregation where everyone would tell each other exactly what they thought of you, but never to your face, I'll take up front honesty any day. Just show a little tact.

You too eh? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit