All JW families are the same! mine included.

by talesin 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

I'm back - sorry to take so long, folks.

Mr. Flipper --- many thanks to you and 'the missus' for your kind offer of support. I am kinda past the sadness now (took a year or so, but it's done). More just at the 'almost not angry anymore and shaking my head in disbelief' stage --- hahaha!

Can't stay down for too long, cause as Oscar Wilde said (and he should know)

'LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE'

journey-on --- I love it! YES, I am cottage cheese -- good one ... oh, and yes, they are extortionists! They've tried everything else, including a marriage offer from a 'really nice brother' , so I guess this is the final offer.

RAF --- Ca va??? many hugs and kisses to you --- yes I am still on track. Not to worry, they will NEVER WIN. Je t'aime, ma cherie.

Bebu -- Ah, my heart is fine, my loving friend. I was thinking of you last week,,, hope you are well, I have had no news of all of you for too long. How's this for emoticons ---- - miss you.

blondie -- lovely, smart womyn :D Hope you and integ are well.... yes, you hit it on the head, Love=money.. take care

oompa -- how does it not stay in the family? well, I guess I am not really family to them anymore, and that its a really really good point. It's getting hard for me to keep up the pretense anymore ....

t

• talesin
    talesin

Oy, I am running short on time again ....

Billy --- Hey, congrats on escaping Bethel - I have a cousin at TO Bethel, the poor sot! Yah, it is a lost cause,,, and yes, it was inherited, and no, the nephew is an infant, and he will definitely not be taking of my parents,,, but then, neither will I.

FHN - I hear you, gurl, you have been dealt a really lousy hand of cards, thinking of you often. Have spoken to our mutual Texan buddy and am sending you all the love and energy I can. Wish I had more ... HUGS!

Satanus - thanks, you! Hope you are taking care.

okay, the system is kicking me off ... must go

miss you all,,, sorry I couldn't get all the replies done

xoxo

tal

/

• talesin
    talesin

So,,,

MMO -- how rude!! Wow, I guess she trusts you a lot, even tho you, like me, are not worthy or good enough to inherit ... tsk, tsk.

Rabbit --- you are so right, and that was my point to my parents. Like, they are going to have it all in the Paradise Earth, aren't they? Duh! heheh, I guess we may be outcast, but at least we can put two and two together and get four. (huge grin)

JWdaughter -- I like the "trust" idea - good one! Maybe nephew will turn out to be a 'bad apple' like auntie talesin. mwaaa-ha-ha-ha!!!

dawg - it's too true, and so 'materialistic' of them,,, ain't dat da TRUTH?

StAnn -- their game is to say "it's only money", but yes, it is about love and respect, and the message they are sending to us, their children, that their love is conditional, and we are only beloved if we toe the line. You said: Make sure you stay a good person, despite this ill treatment. -- Not to worry, I have been treated like this for 30 years now, and I will not let them make me bitter or greedy and grasping.

raindog -- it is sad but true,, they really are the B'org - programmed to the 'society' --- it's sad and scary and ticks me off all at the same time.

sass_my_frass --- Yes, they are wielding their 'power'. I wouldn't have felt entitled if they hadn't told me all of my life (that is 50 years) that I would be receiving it ,,, it's just the hypocritical changing of their minds, shyte excuses and jerking me around that I resent.

chrisjoel --- hey, I hear you. Your brother sounds just like mine! (though I now call him my parents' son - for example, "mom, I saw your son last week") He came to see me after about 20 years of not speaking to me, said he was concerned about me and wanted to spend some time together. Hahaha,,, he got down to business about an hour into the 'visit' -- you got it, he wanted to know if I was 'going to make a fuss when mom and dad's will is read'.

Take heart all -- lwitbr

much love to all survivors, keep on keepin' on folks, I miss you all and will try to drop by when I can ...

xx

talesin

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

TALESIN!!!! YAAAA!!! GLAD YOURE BACK HERE!!!

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, YOU! Thanks!

I'm going to try to get back once or twice a week for a while -- miss you guys.

Hope you are doing well, you little 'secret agent man', you.

tal

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

HAHA doing great other than they've given me a numba and taken away my name lol

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Talesin!

It's nice to see you again! I've been gone a loooong time too! I hope all is well with you aside from the aggravation of the cultists!

Did you happen to see the Pew study in the past couple of weeks that showed that JWs had the worst rate of retention out of any of the religions in the study at 37%? Figures.

From Time magazine: An even more extreme example of what might be called "masked churn" is the relatively tiny Jehovah's Witnesses, with a turnover rate of about two-thirds. That means that two-thirds of the people who told Pew they were raised Jehovah's Witnesses no longer are — yet the group attracts roughly the same number of converts. Notes Lugo, "No wonder they have to keep on knocking on doors."

The Boston Globe: Among the study's more unusual findings: Jehovah's Witnesses have the worst record of any faith group at retaining their members.

Take care and xoxoxo

Pat

• Scully
    Scully

Talesin!!

I have no expectations at all that I will ever inherit anything from my parents. I've had that gut feeling for a very long time.

However, I know it's going to cut deeply at the reading of a will to learn that neither my children or myself are included in it. It will be the final act of abuse and religious intolerance on their part toward me. It's the only thing left that they can do to punish me for leaving the JWs.

I've planned my life and my future with the understanding that I have no inheritance coming to me. It's not going to change things for me financially, but I'll definitely be talking to a therapist about it.

This is one of the things we include in the price we will pay for living authentically with personal integrity and being true to ourselves.

• talesin
    talesin

IP,,, ain't it true? :(

Patio! :D

You said " two-thirds of the people who told Pew they were raised Jehovah's Witnesses no longer are — yet the group attracts roughly the same number of converts. "

YES,,,, that is GOOD NEWS indeed!

I am doing VERY well. Feeling fine, making a bit o cash, all is well!

Back atcha.... :D

SCULLY!!

Hey gurl, I miss you.

Thanx for understanding so well ... it hurts, even when we are well prepared.

you said this: "This is one of the things we include in the price we will pay for living authentically with personal integrity and being true to ourselves. "

So true my friend, and ALL WORTH IT

Luv yas,

xx

tal (of the 'no-regrets' klass)

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Tal

Good to see you! Has Spring sprung for you guys yet. ?It's 80 °(27 °) here.

I'll call again soon, keep your head up !

Luv ya', Da Wabbits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit