All JW families are the same! mine included.

by talesin 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

I have to admit when I am wrong, so here goes. My family is the same as every other. Just as lowdown, greedy and liars to the core. My parents were nice enough to inform me in advance that my (what-was-to-be) inheritance will now be given to their great-grandson to 'ensure that it stays in the family' ...........

Admittedly, I was stunned at this betrayal, and also at their arrogance in thinking that I wasn't going to call them on their hyprocritical excuse for a reason ....

talesin: Hello?? hello? What about Armageddon and the NEW SYSTEM OF THINGS? Can't they just take it back after I am destroyed?

parents: Now, Dear, You don't have to be 'like that'.

Well, [you-know-what] me gently!!!

(and it ain't r-o-c-k)

Anyone else like to share on this topic?

tal

aka DL/LB

• flipper
    flipper

TALESIN- I really feel for you friend - as my parents are 82 and 80, witnesses since 1951. I don't know what my mom ( the money was on her side of the family ) has in store for us as adult children as far as inheritance goes - however I am the only inactive faded witness child ( been out 4 years ) so time will tell if I'm out of the will or not. So sorry you are finding this out about your folks , I'm sure it hurts like hell. If you ever want to vent more - just PM my wife and me , we will listen. You have our sympathy, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• journey-on
    journey-on
    my (what-was-to-be) inheritance will now be given to their great-grandson to 'ensure that it stays in the family' ...........

What are you, if not family...cottage cheese?! If you have been a good daughter to your parents, there is absolutely

no excuse for this! I would have plans in place to contest this immediately after their demise. If the stupid religion

is their excuse, they are extortionists, plain and simple. They try to extort your patronage to a religion in exchange

for your rightful inheritance. I WOULD CONTEST CONTEST CONTEST!

• RAF
    RAF

Hi Talisen !!!

came here for something in particular but your poste was on the first line and was glad to see you here !!!

Ok I guess you don't care about the money but about the excuse ... we know what it worse ... don't we ?
    keep on track not theire since we also know what it worse ...

Otherwise hope you're doing well sweetheart !!!

Take care

Co

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, folks, for the understanding. Dirty deeds, hey?

I am getting kicked off the library's system now. Will check back on Tuesday.

In the meantime, take care, and let's hear it for the survivors,,, US!

tal

• bebu
    bebu

Yeah, what about Armageddon??

Guess they don't think you are family. I'm really sorry, tal.

I hope you are doing well these days. H'aint seen you round for a long time. I read more than post nowadays, but had to say howdy to you, and give you a (((HUG))). Wish there was a button to push to help them see how hurtful they are being.

bebu

emoticon-crazy today, sorry...

• blondie
    blondie

Doesn't sound much like how the Good Samaritan treated the Israelite who would not have treated him in kind. It's amazing how they equate love with money. No money means you are not a lovable person. Yet the Bible says that God gives good things to all people.

Blondie

• oompa
    oompa

I actually would try a letter full of reason and fairness. That is not the way inheritance is to be given...skipping generations like that. The great grandson will have unknown opportunities to succeed on his own... your days are less so, so you could use it more, unless of course you have already met a great deal of success.

There should be an almost legal plea for fairness, reason, and common sense! as in if they get really in need as they age, is the frikkin little great grandson gonna help???.............geeze.............................oompa

ps- how is it it does not stay in the family if you get it?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Inheritance issues in my family, too. But my parents are way smarter than what you were told. Everything will go up for sale, whatever we want, we have to buy, the final cash will be split evenly. I don't know what to say about your situation, so I'll just throw some words at ya that influenced my parents thinking:

I'm wondering, is the grandson going to take care of them during the perhaps many years of their declining health?
    Not sure of the financial/legal situation in your area, but if they try to hold onto all the money until the very end but wind up in a nursing home, there could go all the money anyway.
    If you know there is nothing saved up for you and you'll have to work, you won't have time to give them any care in their home. I'm sure they might be able to pay someone to care for them that won't steal from them or abuse them too badly.
    Did your parents earn the money or did they also inherit?
    Not sure of the circumstances, but what if the grandson doesn't become a JW or is gay with no kids or marries with no kids. What if he marries a gal with two kids, he dies shortly afterward, and she and her family get all the dough?

Our family doesn't have a lot more money for two reasons: Too much was given to WTBTS since the end was sooooooooo close. Too much left the family via poorly planned wills.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yeah, my abusive parents had millionaire parents who never let them do without a thing. Mom couldn't leave any to us kids because hers was put in trust by her greedy siblings. When Mom died, they got the money. And if they'd have been dead, it would have gone to Grandma's church.

My dad? He has a much younger wife who will get everything. He left Mother for her. And so it's hard to feel sorry for Jan when she writes us whining that she has to take care of Daddy now and how he's a grouchy old meanie, bla bla bla. She should have thought of that when she helped break up our family, way back in the late 1960's.

By the way, hellooo! Where have you been. You know you are a beloved member here at JWD, Jen. We miss you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit