2 Special Pioneers 1 Missionary sick with Chronic fatigue- Quit Ministry!

by Witness 007 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

2 Special Pioneers I knew were at the assembly last year I wanted to know how they were since they have Special Pioneered for 20 years. Both got sick and have Chronic Fatigue. They quit Pioneering to rest and get better. {140 hours a month!!} They hope to restart soon??? A missionary who was a friend of mine got malaria and another illness in Asia where he served for many years. He is now as weak as a kitten. His immune system was almost destroyed. He hopes to restart as soon as he's better...Ohhh Brother!

Do you know any Witnesses who "crashed." I know many more. Some say C.F.S is "the Witness desease."

• marmot
    marmot

My uncle was a missionary in Africa during the 80s and came back with Malaria and chronic fatigue.

He was also diagnosed with type II diabetes a year ago, which kick-started him into taking better care of himself (he was almost 500 pounds and bedridden and could barely get around in a wheelchair).

He's dropped quite a bit of weight, is pioneering again and is officially shunning me (even though I'm not disfellowshipped) because I no longer go to meetings.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    He hopes to restart as soon as he's better

When ..... in the New System?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, 007 ...

It happened at Bethel - burnout among the young and vigorous, who had heavy schedules with work and congregation. It was impossible, so it seemed, to get any actual rest. They was no day truly to rest. Sunday was our busiest day, with service all day up until meeting late afternoon. It was about an 18-hour day, what with getting ready, travel on the subway, cleaning the hall after the meeting, etc.

Many wound up in the infirmary or simply went back home ...

Just remembered - I overheard two older sisters talking when we were doing personal wash in the laundry room, off hours. One had been a missionary, the other a special pioneer. They both had to leave their assignments of years before because of illness or some such. Brother Knorr assured one or the other of them that their having to leave their privilege of service was only a test to strengthen them, to help them get through Armageddon. The upshot of this dismal picture was that they were now at Bethel with their husbands - a blessing from Jehovah!

CoCo

• belbab
    belbab

I started pioneering in 1954 in Quebec when it was tough going in a hostile environment.

NH. Knorr sent many missionaries were sent there from Gilead.

Many pioneers came from Western Canada to work in Quebec.

I have been out of the WT for quite some time, from time to time I hear about some of them.

Many of them are dead, died in their fifties or so.

belbab

• belbab
    belbab

PS to last post

I lost half my teeth for Jehovah.

belbab

• White Dove
    White Dove

Mental illness is another problem coming out of the WTS work work work work work...

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Recently a regular pioneer/MS relinquished his privileges. Juggling that along with his secular job was too much. What didn't help was that it seemed that he was just "used" by the elders. While being single and in his early 30's, the BOE assumed that he should/could do what was asked of him. No commendation or appreciation from the elders.

It seems that all too many JWs who are in the "elite" group are getting sick in one way or another at an accelerated rate. Sad.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

After Pioneering and being a Servant for 10 years I crashed with Galandular Fever. It took 10 years to recover. With my job and spiritual duties I was working 15 hours a day and sleeping 5 hours a night for years. My body just quit and I once passed out in the car while Witnessing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have the perfect "cure" for chronic fatigue. Straight from janitors with no college. The "cure": Do even more in field circus! If you get tired and cannot do any more, you should do even more. That will make you forget your problems, and possibly give them more ammunition to use in the next Puketower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit