Chicago MD ties Liberalism to Mental Disorders

by hillbilly 24 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by the two major candidates for the Democratic Party presidential nomination can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

"A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do," he says. "A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do."

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;

satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;

augmenting primitive feelings of envy;

rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

"The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious."

--------------------------------------

The Liberal Mind By: Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D.

Are Liberals Out of Their Minds? Why do modern liberals think and act as they do? The radical left's politics and its destructive effects on our basic freedoms have provoked many to speculate on what makes these people tick. "The Liberal Mind" answers these questions. This book is the first systematic analysis of the political madness that now threatens to destroy the West's greatest achievement: the American dream of civilized liberty.

In his penetrating analysis, Dr. Rossiter reveals modern liberalism's assaults on:

The freedom of adults to make good lives for themselves by cooperating with others
    The ability of families to raise children to be self-reliant and mutual
    The morals, rights and laws that protect our freedoms

"Modern liberalism's irrationality can only be understood as the product of psychopathology. So extravagant are the patterns of thinking, emoting, behaving and relating that characterize the liberal mind that its relentless protests and demands become understandable only as disorders of the psyche." "The Liberal Mind" reveals the madness of the modern liberal for what it is: a massive transference neurosis acted out in the world's political arenas, with devastating effects on the institutions of liberty.

The author is an MD who received his medical and psychiatric training at the UNiversity of Chicago and served for two years as a psychiatrist in the U.S. Army. He is currently in private practice in Chicago.

Dr. Rossiter is board certified in both general and forensic psychiatry and has diagnosed and treated mental disorders for more than 40 years. He has been retained by numerous public offices, courts and private attorneys as a forensic psychiatrist and has consultted in more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases in both state and federal jurisdictions.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=56494

I guess what's fair for the goose is fair for the gander!

Forscher

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

....i knew this would put people off...........

Hill

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I see we have the left pulling against the right to bring us back to the middle.

I see myself as an independent libertarian conservative like Ron Paul.

I think America would have been better spending money on its people, Candadian style free health.

The government seems to have a mission to spend money, this ones been spending immaginary money belonging to our Grandchildren. I think the country would have been better off spending our grandchildrens money on health care than smoking camels.

But my vote would be for indvidual responsibility and very limited government. Government should protect our nationla security. It sholdnt be used by international corporations to obtain and control resources and international markets.

If you cant afford health care you shouldnt have children expecting me to pay for it.

But on the other hand if the government wasnt run so poorly health care would be affordable and there would be decent jobs providing health care.

Back in 78 I was making 11 dollars an hour health care for a family of 3 was 100 a month, and that was real full insurance no deductables a 5 dollar copay for a doctors visit. Gas was 32cents a gallon.

The government has created this mess by exporting all of the decent jobs and allowing us to be flooded with imports.

So if people can see the government causing problems they are going to cry to the government to solve them. The government loves it.

I think what the government is doing is very basic. It's called devide and conquer. They diivided us and conquered us and made us all working robot consumers.

Might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

INCOMING!!!!

Hehehe.

Burn

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Sounds like some kind of Freudian doctor---sniffed up too much of that cocaine when he was doing his writing and theorizing!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Taken from On Cocaine

by Sigmund Freud

A few minutes after taking cocaine, one experiences a certain exhilaration and feeling of lightness. One feels a certain furriness on the lips and palate, followed by a feeling of warmth in the same areas; if one now drinks cold water, it feels warm on the lips and cold in the throat. One other occasions the predominant feeling is a rather pleasant coolness in the mouth and throat.

During this first trial I experienced a short period of toxic effects, which did not recur in subsequent experiments. Breathing became slower and deeper and I felt tired and sleepy; I yawned frequently and felt somewhat dull. After a few minutes the actual cocaine euphoria began, introduced by repeated cooling eructation. Immediately after taking the cocaine I noticed a slight slackening of the pulse and later a moderate increase.

I have observed the same physical signs of the effect of cocaine in others, mostly people my own age. The most constant symptom proved to be the repeated cooling eructation. This is often accompanied by a rumbling which must originate from high up in the intestine; two of the people I observed, who said they were able to recognize movements in their stomachs, declared emphatically that they had repeatedly detected such movements. Often, at the outset of the cocaine effect, the subjects alleged that they experienced an intense feeling of heat in the head. I noticed this in myself as well in the course of some later experiments, but on other occasions it was absent. In only two cases did coca give rise to dizziness. On the whole the toxic effects of coca are of short duration, and much less intense than those produced by effective doses of quinine or salicylate of soda; they seem to become even weaker after repeated use of cocaine.

http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/cocaine/freud.htm

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

If you cant afford health care you shouldnt have children expecting me to pay for it.

Just do like the Chinese, only one child in urban areas? You can have two in rural areas. If the baby is female, get rid of it!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I think you can find 'crazy' at both ends of the spectrum.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I think you can find 'crazy' at both ends of the spectrum.

That's funny! "Cooling eructations"! Ahah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit