Chicago MD ties Liberalism to Mental Disorders

by hillbilly 24 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    ....i knew this would put people off...........

They are the creators of liberal vs conservative
    They keep us busy fighting each other over silly ideology
    They are the dividers
    They are the conquerors
    They will keep enslaving us until we throw away the illusitory animosity between the so called liberal and conservative population..

Peace yall.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I agree IP_Sec. Either the doctor wants to make money by selling a book while the game is hot or he's full of it!

• journey-on
    journey-on

This was an interesting read, but we all think the other side is mentally imbalanced. If you are a so-called liberal, you

think the conservatives are crazy, and if you're conservative, you think the liberals are daffy. I agree with the statement

that "the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population". So many radical liberals actually

look down on those they propose to want to help and this, thereby, gives them their superior moral righteous attitude that

feeds their ego. So, you have the poor and downtrodden being stroked by the super liberals with their self-righteous agenda

who are seeking to somehow elevate themselves egoistically against this backdrop of despair. It is a bit sick, imo.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

attack the man... isnt that considered bad form in debate?

How did we go from liberalism and mental illness to Freud and Cocaine?

Hill

• StAnn
    StAnn

I wonder if John McCain will use this book in his campaign? I'm sure Ann Colter will get a lot of mileage out of it!

This is a hot topic for me because I used to hold a lot of liberal ideas. Then I actually began working with the poor and saw some of the problems with our liberal society. For instance, in Appalachia where wages are low to non-existent, it's common for a disabled grandparent to adopt his/her grandchild so that grandchild can draw Social Security benefits, based upon being a dependent of the grandparent. This breaks up families, as the children have to go live with their grandparent. The parent does it to help the grandparent but it ends up breaking down the parental bond when the parent doesn't raise the child. Also, I've seen many "single" women who say they don't know who the father of their child is so they can get welfare/food stamps/medicaid, and their name only is on the lease to their subsidized apartment. However, their "boyfriend" stays over every night, although not on the lease. So, they won't give the boyfriend's name because then he'll have to pay child support and they won't marry the boyfriend because then they won't qualify for medicaid/food stamps. The attempt to help the poor with the medicaid and food stamp and rent subsidy programs actually encourages people not to form stable families. When the parents aren't married, it's much easier for them to break up, from what I've seen.

I'm not completely against entitlements. I have two handicapped children and they will never, ever be able to work and support themselves, and because I have to be home caring for them, we are a one-income family. It's highly unlikely my husband will earn enough money in his lifetime to provide for our retirement and put enough away to cover the expense of both children for the remainder of their lives. But there has to be some kind of balance between people like my boys who, through no fault of their own, are severely handicapped and can't support themselves and people who, like girls who have sex indiscriminately, could work but choose to get pregnant and go on the dole to avoid work.

So, I'm for Ron Paul in some ways, provided libertarians provide for those who absolutely cannot help themselves.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I agree with you, St Ann. What we have for welfare these days is a far cry from the social safety net of the FDR days.

~Hill

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

attack the man... isnt that considered bad form in debate?

How did we go from liberalism and mental illness to Freud and Cocaine?

Hill

It was said that he was a *veteran psychiatrist* as if that gives him credence to judge mankind. I brought out that he used Freudian Theories, which not all, psychologists, psychiatrists, and sociologists give credence to. He sounds macabre to me. I wondered if his favorite character in a book is Hannibal Lecter.

I'm just not going to believe it cause the man said so. He, also, seems like an opportunist.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Isn't it funny how when Andy had his complete breakdown, he went completely to the right? He even joined the Republican party. We all have a good laugh about it now.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

He may very well be ... but I learned long ago the space between the lines is empty for a reason... we need the space to read what was written.

~Hill

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    For instance, in Appalachia where wages are low to non-existent, it's common for a disabled grandparent to adopt his/her grandchild so that grandchild can draw Social Security benefits, based upon being a dependent of the grandparent. This breaks up families, as the children have to go live with their grandparent

Grandparents are raising grandchildern all over this once great land. I am one of them. I don't get a penny's worth of help. Wings, AK Jeff, all of us, raising grandchildren. Welcome to the modern times of a country hell bent on capitalism and bottom dollar. Families are breaking up because this country cares more about money than people. I could go into a list of ways this is so, but basically, if greedy people can make a buck off it, they don't give a $%^& if it hurts marriages and children, especially teenagers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit