Just out of interest - how many Australians are on this site?

by Son of a preacher man 59 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

anyone from brisbane?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Son,

I'm from Sydney. Also been all over Australia, including living in Hobart, Darwin and Thursday Island.

• Son of a preacher man
    Son of a preacher man

No Ninja but know plenty there. MY partner used to go out with a JW scotsman long time ago....real ^$#*. Sorry that wasnt meant to sound as if I dont like scots...just one in particular.

• ninja
    ninja

no worries mate....I'm scottish...I hate scots and I bloody have to live with them...he he.....did you know a liverpudlian first name les?....married melika(sp) somebody

• ninja
    ninja

btw...the scots guy's first name wasn't tony by chance?

• Son of a preacher man
    Son of a preacher man

No sorry, dont know them. THis guy lives in oz but has family in scotland.

I wonder if JW in other countries "do the rurals"? you know you pack everyone in the stationwagon and head of into the wide blue yonder all f*&^ing day and preach to hippies that are mostly stoned. You were always scared as a kid that someones huge dog was going to eat you as you walked the half kilometre up the dammed driveway to the house. MInd you if you met on person an hour you were lucky. What a screwed up childhood I had. Other kids remeber fishing and camping with their parents. I remember being made to sit in the back of an old stationwagon for 14 hours at a time while the car filled up with dust - no aircon and its 38 degrees Celcius, wearing a blasted tie, just to talk to some red neck about the end of this system of things!!!

No wonder I drink so much now!!!

• ninja
    ninja

that sounds like a good plot for wolf creek 2 .....

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    I remember being made to sit in the back of an old stationwagon for 14 hours at a time while the car filled up with dust - no aircon and its 38 degrees Celcius, wearing a blasted tie, just to talk to some red neck about the end of this system of things!!!

you poor thing

• Son of a preacher man
    Son of a preacher man

The funniest thing that ever happened once was that the same day the local cong had scheduled to do rurals turned out to be the same day the police decided to do an aerial raid on some known drug growers. So theres helicopters soaring around overhead, police 4WDs every few kms and several car loads of JWs. Poor hippies didnt know what had hit them.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Those living in Darwin and NT be prepared for an influx of "do gooders" moving to where the need is greater!

Tennant Creek would probably cop it the worst, as if that place dosen't have enough problems already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit