Just out of interest - how many Australians are on this site?

by Son of a preacher man 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Im in Coffs Harbour! Hi everyone, anyone else from around here?

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

ahhhh yes i too am an australian was dedicated to a congregation in victoria .................... check my pic/profile anyone know me send me a message ?

kind regards

benjamin !!!!

• penny2
    penny2
    Still no one else from Darwin?

Looks like you are the only one Brin. But you never know - we should keep this thread bumping along for another day or two!

Hi to the other Aussies coming out of the woodwork!

penny

• brinjen
    brinjen

Hey Penny, 2 more posts and you're a Jedi.

• penny2
    penny2
    2 more posts and you're a Jedi.

I was going to say something significant for my 1000th post but looks like I'm too late. It crept up on me.

penny

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Hi Brin

I worked out of Darwin in 80 - 82 and came to understand the true meaning of humidity........mind you, mid-year was great!

h9k

• brinjen
    brinjen

Hi Hal9000

Yup, it gets pretty sticky up here, it's calming down now. You have to actually be outdoors for a whole 10 minutes before you start to feel it.

Dry season is great, looking forward to it. Just perfect weather.

80-82... I can imagine the place has changed a lot since then, I moved up here nearly 3 1/2 years ago, changed a lot even in that short time.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

I understand that there has been a lot going on: there was still evidence of Tracey when I was working ther (parts of Central Darwin were still vacant). Casuarina was still very new and there was really nothing beyond the airport.

And the big risk going out to Jabiru were the buffalo........

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Hey Brinjen, go check out Framed Gallery, we sell jewellery through there. Its a fantastic outlet for us, we sell quite a lot through there.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    I understand that there has been a lot going on: there was still evidence of Tracey when I was working ther (parts of Central Darwin were still vacant). Casuarina was still very new and there was really nothing beyond the airport.

Yup, it's expanded big time since then. Even areas like Berrimah are being snapped up, the two caravan parks there were bought by a retail company, they've been replaced with shopping centres. Darwin just about extends all the way to Palmerston now. Give it another decade or so, and it will.

Hey Brinjen, go check out Framed Gallery, we sell jewellery through there. Its a fantastic outlet for us, we sell quite a lot through there.

Will do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit