My friend wants to know how to stop the JW's from knocking at her door

by Velvetann 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

What an opportunity!!!

Have her say, "Oh, I was just reading about your first leader that decided that Jesus came in 1914 based on counting the steps in a pyramid. Also, that vaccinations were called taking pus into the body, and that the second leader, Rutherford, had two cadillacs for private use, also a mansion in San Diego; that he claimed that God in no uncertain terms would resurrect David and other "ancient worthies" to live in the mansion, even deeding it to him.

"Oh, yes, also, I found out that the WTS was an associate of the United Nations for several years until it was exposed in a British newspaper. And last, but not least, please tell me about the millions the WTS paid out in court costs to victims of pedophiles."

Have her repeat this each time the dubs show up. They will be leaving faster than they came, I'm sure......

• carla
    carla

She needs to put up a very specific sign -No Visits by Jehovah's Witnesses- No Trespassing. If she wants she can also send the cease & desist letter to keep them from knocking, let me know if you want it. The cease & desist is only good for one year. The wt thinks you may have a change of heart after that or may have moved.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Cease and Desist Letter??? I haven't heard of that but it sounds official. Send it over if you can

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

NO TRESPASSING. If that doesn't work I have a nice .357 mag I could loan her.

momz

• StAnn
    StAnn

The "No Jehovah's Witnesses" sign taped to the storm door usually works. When I was a JW, one woman got an attack goose. She'd release it in the yard when we pulled in the drive. It kept us in our cars. Another woman put water on the stove and set it to boil then would throw it through the screen door at us. After the first time of doing that, all she had to do was open the door with the pot of steaming water in her hands and we'd hop back in the car.

I love it when they come to my door. I brew a pot of coffee when I see them on my street and then, when they come inside, sit down, and have coffee in one hand and cookies in the other, I invite them to pray the rosary with me. They leave hurriedly but not before I put some tracts in their bookbags from the Fellowship of Catholic Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses entitled "The End of False Prophecy is Here!" and "Worldwide Message to Jehovah's Witnesses."

Oh, and having Ray Franz' book on the coffee table helps.

I've always wanted to begin a conversation with them by saying, "Millions Then Living Are Now Dead!" just to see if they'd get it.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Sign: The dogs living here are fed by Jehovah's Witnesses... And they are hungry....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I just told them to put me on their do not call list. It worked, no one has ever called here again. If they persist, then write a letter that requires a signature to prove it was received and tell them specifically not to call at your house. Suggest that you would be happy to let the local news folks know that the JWs are harassing a disabled person.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

When you answer the door, be sure you have a bloody butcher's knife in your hand. Play some Marylin Manson in the background. Look at them with wild, wide open eyes and say "Oh great! You're just in time! We've finished shaving the goat, but we haven't started the ceremony yet!"

If that doesn't keep them away, just coat your front door with cow manure. Sure, it stinks and it looks bad, but at least you won't get roused out of bed on a Saturday morning.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hi everyone, thanks for your help and advice. I will let her know and I am sure she will appreciate all your help

this one was the most practical one I have gotten and will certainly forward it to her. I will share it with you in case you need it ;-)

PRESIDING OVERSEER OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES KINGDOM HALL This is to inform you that I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE VISITS by Jehovah's Witnesses! I am providing this written notice in harmony with what is stated in your publication "OUR KINGDOM MINISTRY", dated June 1994, Page 2. Please see to it that the necessary people are informed of my request and that the territory card containing my address has been noted that I DO NOT WANT any Jehovah's Witnesses calling on me. I am not interested in your message and do not want to be bothered with uninvited callers. Should you call now or one year later from now, I will consider that harassment and will notify the proper authorities. Sincerely --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature Date --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- City State Zip

Here is some advice I got from my other ExJW womens support group. This one is from a lady in England its so funny

My Dad was an elder. If you want the Jw's to stop knocking. Just
    tell them you want to be put on their do not call list. Be firm. But
    they have to put you on a don't call if you request that. they will
    do like yearly checks to see if you still want to be a don't call
    person. So state you don't want an elder knocking for a check up
    visit either as the answer will be the same.
    if they are really annoying you and you want to annoy them back here
    are a few I lines I have used or recieved;

1. I worship the devil. {Only brave JW's will risk not fleeing from
    your door in fear of being demonised}.

2.i drink animals blood for pleasure. and i love the metallic taste.

3. pretend you are high and start stating you are Jesus and the True
    Leader of Religion. Tell them you have a naughty angel friend who's
    forever trying to push you down the stairs.{They will think Demons
    straight away.}

4. Put a sign on your door stating No Jehovahs Witnesses. I have a
    guard dog and I will release him. {This one works wonders i tried
    it. then the sign got damaged so the next time they called I
    demanded they put me on the do not call list and I haven't had one
    knock for nearly a year.]

If you have a witness to your Do not knock demand you can threaten
    them with an Harrassment Order if they persist.
    I hope these give you some ideas.

oh I nearly forgot the best one.

Stand just outside your door. ask if they prepare children for
    arrmaggedon. When they state yes. Start shouting how disgusting that
    is. that children are precious Gems from God. keep ranting so the
    neighbours hear. this has had them running in the past and they
    never knocked my friends door again! and visit her street less! Ha
    ha ha!
    This use to happen to us on occasion. Everyone would quicckly move
    on while my dad or another Elder would try and reason with them. i
    stayed to watch a few of these. i loved watching my dad squirm and
    hearing other view points that actually made sense and would trip my
    father up. Then my dad would mark them down as a do not call so that
    they can witness to the neighbours in peace

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In addition to all the comments above, I would also tell the person at the door that I know all about the religion's history and present day scandals and want nothing to do with it.

I also think the idea of a sign prominently posted would help.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit