Mir'i-am

by Aleman 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aleman
    Aleman

In this topic I will put a text in which I ask everyone here to see if they fall under what mir'i-am did. Why or why don't you. The text is Num.12:1-10.

1 Now Mir´i·am and Aaron began to speak against Moses on account of the Cush´ite wife whom he had taken, because it was a Cush´ite wife he had taken. 2 And they kept saying: “Is it just by Moses alone that Jehovah has spoken? Is it not by us also that he has spoken?” And Jehovah was listening. 3 And the man Moses was by far the meekest of all the men who were upon the surface of the ground. 4 Then Jehovah suddenly said to Moses and Aaron and Mir´i·am: “Go out, the three of YOU , to the tent of meeting.” So the three of them went out. 5 After that Jehovah came down in the pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the tent and called Aaron and Mir´i·am. At this both of them went out. 6 And he went on to say: “Hear my words, please. If there came to be a prophet of YOURS for Jehovah, it would be in a vision I would make myself known to him. In a dream I would speak to him. 7 Not so my servant Moses! He is being entrusted with all my house. 8 Mouth to mouth I speak to him, thus showing him, and not by riddles; and the appearance of Jehovah is what he beholds. Why, then, did YOU not fear to speak against my servant, against Moses?” 9 And Jehovah’s anger got to be hot against them, and he went his way. 10 And the cloud turned away from over the tent, and, look! Mir´i·am was struck with leprosy as white as snow. Then Aaron turned toward Mir´i·am, and, look! she was struck with leprosy.

May of you have spiritual leprsy and are giving this leprosy to the few who are trying to serve Jehovah God truthfully by stirring false ideas and man-made pagan ideals to these minds that wish to be trully happy. It isn't JWs or the WTs falt that you don't wish or don't understand what it is to follow what is true and perfect in this wicked and egotistical world we all live in.

-Aleman

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Hi Aleman. How have you been?

I have spirtitual leprosy, and so do many here. According to your Bible anyway. So once again I shout, Unclean Unclean! Now you are supposed to turn tail and run.

momz

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Nice Comment Aleman, I think you have an uncanny ability to provoke either the best in people or the worst. Either way it incites communication and discussion.

There's nothing wrong with being "happy" as you say in your comment, but I ask you, do you really believe most Witnesses are Happy Serving Jehovah? Do they really believe they are serving Jehovah with our regimented field service arrangement? I dont think so. I believe that most JW's feel they are serving an Organization as I do.

As for your Numbers 12:1-10 comment: I think this forum for me personally is Therapeutic. Life as a Jehovahs Witness is extremely difficult, When I come onto this forum I feel like I can say anything, without the feeling of Anxiousness, Fearfulness, Dreading ect. ect. Because I know that if I make any comment not In agreement with the WT magazine to anyone in my Circle of Friends, I will be in deep trouble. Why is that? Have you asked yourself that? If I say anything opposite to WT doctrine even if it is false now, but turns into truth 50 years from now, I am worthy on Death forever. Seems strange.

Anyways Aleman, life is short, be true to yourself.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

I have a question: Why doth the Bible repeateth itself so much: and wherefore doth it repeat itself so much? Why beith itself so redundant; and why doth it employ such redundancy so as to become utterly redundant? For it is redundant, nay is it quite redundant, so much as that all people might look upon its redundancy while weeping and gnashing their teeth, making their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth heard from Judea to Samaria, and from Samaria to Judea. And lo! from the lands of Judea to the lands of Samaria shall their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth be heard by whomsoever haveth ears to hear their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Aleman: You write about wicked people "stirring false ideas and pagan ideals" into other people's heads. I think that you're mixing your metaphors, there, vato. I think you're taking the expression, "instilling false ideas and pagan ideals," and confusing it with the expression "to stir up trouble" [meaning to raise a brouhaha].

• MOG
    MOG

"by stirring false ideas"

Hmmm..you do know you walked into a wall with this partial quote, right?? Wouldnt the ';1914 generation that will not pass' be considered a false idea? or is itn a false UNISPIRED OOPS I MADE MISTAKE idea? its definitely a false something, or was that 1925, 1975, etc etc..oh wait, Jehovah put in a new battery and just NOW there is a NEW LIGHT - sorry to all those we preached in the past of the end of times coming Watchtower is coming soon to nowhere near you..What kind of GOD will lead an organization for over 100 years all over the place and then give them a NEW LIGHT..Dont put words of GOD in your Watchtower and say its the word of Jehovah - especially the UNINSPIRED prophecies..wait how can it be unispired if the Watchtower is the word of Jehovah, unless its an oxymoron..or bunch of morons running the show at the society..

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Aldeman

I was with ya a few years back, but since you visit this site often, you know how many feel please read the coc book for yourself it has become an eye opener to so many here.

Truth is truth, the WT has evaded this for years.

Cheers!

Hope4Others

• Zico
    Zico

Aleman:

If Moses had said 'You will be in the wilderness for just 20 years!' Do you think they'd have a fair complaint when they reached the 30 year mark?

"It isn't JWs or the WTs falt that you don't wish or don't understand what it is to follow what is true and perfect in this wicked and egotistical world we all live in."

Is it perfect though aleman? They make a lot of mistakes when it comes to interpretation. You might respond 'They're just imperfect men' Yet, the Watchtower Society told me that Moses was also an imperfect man, but that he managed to write perfect biblical texts anyway, and even give the Jews a perfect law, because he had inspiration from God.

Is this right? If so, why doesn't God inspire people his modern day servants?

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    In this topic I will put a text in which I ask everyone here to see if they fall under what mir'i-am did. Why or why don't you.

Since you used a scriptual example so will I. Remember the story of Achan in the book of Joshua? The modern-day Achan is the Watchtower, taking what belongs to the Lord for personal gain.

Even if everyone on this website could be accused of acting like Miriam as you imply, Miriam was forgiven after seven days, Achan and those who acted with him were not.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I would never be Miriam - I would never speak against Moses because of who he took to wife. That would be a matter of choice or conscience to me.

I would gladly point out the foibles of a religion that pretends to be absolute authority (without any accountability). To say nothing would be to allow them it fester in the grip of a false religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit