What's with Ex-Jw's who join another religion? Fool me Twice????

by Witness 007 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gregor
    Gregor

I was thinking just the opposite, why do so many EX-JWs throw the baby out with the bath water? I agree, they should try to save the bathwater.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Don't you get it? Some people need a religion to help make sense of things. When JW quit working they seek another to fill the void. It is not a matter of fooling anyone. It is a need that seeks a framework of belief.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Satanus- Catholics are not free to do as the want...they can't use contraception, or have a Gay Priest etc....not so free..it's up to the Pope to dictate how much freedom you have.

• cognac
    cognac

I've been mulling over this question for a few days now. Haven't read all of the answers, but this is what I think...

Sometimes people just want the consistant campanionship of other people that value the bible the way they do... Not every religion is as cult like as JWs.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Satanus- Catholics are not free to do as the want...they can't use contraception, or have a Gay Priest etc....not so free..it's up to the Pope to dictate how much freedom you have.

I was a Catholic until I was 25. While those rules may exist, there is no policing or other attempt to enforce those rules. The rules are there, but it's still up to the individual as to whether they follow them or not. I've never seen Catholics impose sanctions against people who used contraception. They certainly didn't with me. Hell, I didn't even know the Catholics had a rule against it until the JWs told me. W

• Sirona
    Sirona

NOT EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN GOD IS A CHRISTIAN.

Let me repeat that

NOT EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN GOD IS A CHRISTIAN.

Thankyou.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I shopped around and went to different services. No fit anywhere. All religions are cults to some degree or another. Having "faith" is the hook to make you believe the lie.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

PS....safer to join a bowling league than a religion.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah, I wondered that myself. I'm exploring Wicca as it teaches about nature, and that is what I am looking for. I want to understand myself and understand what I live in: nature and its power and how to be at peace in it. I am not bossed by religion but use this one to learn. It's more like a philosophy than following a bunch of dogma and rules. It turns me on (no, not sexually). I'm very happy with it as I can choose what to believe and what to use as metaphore.

• ferret
    ferret

I think wings said it best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit