WT-Says Moms Should not Work

by leaving-jws 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yes, I'd also like a scan of this article.

Thanks

Sirona

• yesidid
    yesidid

I don't know about shouldn't work, that is for each to decide for themselves.........however..........

I would like to say that I have been grateful my whole life that my mother was there to look

after us full time. Especially that she was there when I came home from school.

Just my 2c

yesidid

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    WTWizardwrote: I don't see how they expect people to make ends meet when they are only making something like $8 per hour and getting perhaps 24 hours a week, with no benefits, and still have something to put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund after gas, bills, and food are paid for.

Maybe a future article will tell us all about the joys and benefits of communal living. That would certainly help everyone make ends meet. Would it?

-Aude.

• Odrade
    Odrade

At this point, I'm willing to discount the whole idea of this supposed article. So many comments about it, but not one scan?

• White Dove
    White Dove

And self worth is worthless??? Low self worth leads to depression and an inability to function fully. I don't know of any man who would want to see their wife suffer so. Without an occupation, I would be bored out of my gored...goard...whatever. Pioneering certainly does NOT fill that void of boredom and unproductivity that comes from not having a good hobby and/or occupation of some sort. Usually, besides needing to fill a void in her life, she will have to work to suppliment his income. Also, it is a good idea to have a source of income of her own and money squirelled away in case she has to leave the marriage, whether by separating or death of her spouse. How the hell can she support herself if he loses his job or gets laid off or just gets lazy? So many reasons for both to work.

• bavman
    bavman
    At this point, I'm willing to discount the whole idea of this supposed article. So many comments about it, but not one scan?

I'm with you on this one...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Since there is no scan of the article, I will apply my previous comment on what I've heard so many others in many congregations say about this topic. I think the article might be an old one because I don't know of any sisters that don't have jobs, moms included.

• leaving-jws
    leaving-jws

I really would like to post this article but unfortunately, I don't have a scanner at home. If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it.

The article is in the Feb 1, 2008 WT on page 28. Even if the scan does not get on JWD it is a great article to read to see how women are depicted in the WT organization.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm not a feminist per se but I think it is important for women to be taken seriously for whatever choice they make take in their household. So if a mother chooses to work to support their family it should be taken seriously and not dismissed as a mundane pursuit.

But if someone could help me with the scan I would appreciate it.

• leaving-jws
    leaving-jws

Since I don't have a scanner I looked for another option for getting the information from this article. You can listen to the audio version of the article by downloading the MP3 file at www.jw.org . If you have RealPlayer it works great! The link to the page that contains the article is http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QBJrYBNQF

I hope this helps.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Thanks, but I need to see this in writing.

Anyone at Bethel or in the local congs can get us a scanned copy of this February 2008 WT?

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit