TV progams that must be not be viewed at all costs

by TooBad TooSad 62 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Smashlab is mythbusters for dummies!

I think the real danger of shows like 'charmed' is that they might bring on retardation...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Speaking of demons, I had an argument with a witnoid right before I left for good. They were talking about haunted houses being demons and about movies with witches. I said that if you believed the bible then demons came down to get some action. Not to pretend to be witches and rumble around in empty houses. Your a lot more likely to run into demon problems in a brothel then some empty house or in a cemetery!

• Watkins
    Watkins

I think one of my first posts here was about JWs believing demons could inhabit Tupperware bought at garage sales. Since then I had the opportunity to jokingly raise the issue with an elder, and he got deadly serious and said "oh, yes, I've heard about that happening." --- as if JW gossip is trustworthy! I asked him to show me where the Bible says demons inhabit anything but humans --- and he changed the subject to what was keeping me away from meetings.

I read the Exorcist long before I ever heard of JWs and it scared the livin' daylights outta me! The book is much more frightening & what you envision in your mind is more powerful than anything Hollywood could produce at that time, even the neck-wrenching and pea-soup. Now with computer animation anything is possible. The last worst movie I accidently(WHAT was I thinking?!) watched was 'Wrong Turn' and I'm still disgusted 2 yrs later.

Doesn't the WTS ban movies like 'Nightmare on Elm St.', Holloween' and 'Saw'? How about the older 'Twilight Zone' or 'Creature Feature'? 'My Favorite Matian' or 'Lost in Space'? I'll bet Elvira was out.(Did you know she was a stripper before becoming the Mistress of the Night? Lol, never woulda guessed) 'Freaky Friday' was about a 'spell', but I thought the message was endearing. If I'd been an active dub I probably wouldn't have watched it just because of the peer pressure.

Lately I've tired of CSI shows - they seem to have to depict more gruesome, more depraved, and more sexually explicit themes to keep-up their fickle audience's attention. Even I've become a little desensitized to the gore. Actually, all of TV is getting that way it seems to me, especially the explicit commercials that are shown all afternoon and evening when young children are watching TV --- if there's a girl sliding down a bar-pole, the commercial will show it. They can say about anything now too, as David Letterman took to the limit the night '"a$$" was allowed on-air. How about those late-night celebrity shows? They can get pretty crude in the name of humor. I was active when the movie 'Michael' came out with John Travolta portraying him as a fallen angel and it was roundly condemned as 'sacreligeous'. Earlier, Disney's cartoon 'Pochohantis' (sp?)was criticised for it's nature-worship; 'Aladdin' for demonolgy, 'Littlest Mermaid' for false gods. I think 'The Lion King' was OK, but it's long list of no-no's, yet the BS elder had every Disney movie ever made, even, gasp, 'The Sorcerer's Stone'!

As a kid, we weren't Jws, and my parents themselves enjoyed shows like Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie(I 'member the scandal over whether the sensors would allow Barbara Eden's belly-button to show - they didn't. Times HAVE changed.), and Mom forced me to watch Dr. shows like Dr. Kildare & Marcus Welby - ungh. Today I still dislike them and have never watched an episode of ER or Grey's Anatomy - quirky, huh? Those shows really did make me curious about 'the unknown' and witchcraft, and validated my interest, to be honest. As an impressionable kid I read lots of books about ghosts and spirit-life. I got a Ouija board for my 12th birthday and a 'Kreskin the Great' ESP game. LOLOLOL And 'they' still didn't get me.... hmmmmmm. Bur I was still kind of scared & curious of 'the unknown' and death. Later in life I was a huge Steven King & horror fiction fan --- it still scared & thrilled me.

I stopped believing in stuff like horoscopes, numerolgy and palmistry when I read a turn-of-the-century horoscope book. I couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculous assertions and realized it was a huge joke. Then I studied with JWs and the thrill of 'the unknown' was replaced with the superior feeling of The True Knowledge!

j/k

I still think the WT's main doctrines about demons and ghosts is Biblically sound. There's something about a grain of truth in a ton of lies that applies here I think. But they ruin it by adding tremendous burdens to those in their care, and taking away their God-given right to conscientiously choose right from wrong. A mind trained-by, notchained-to, Godly priciples is a beautiful, free thing & a glory to Him....

42 cents worth watkins

• fifi40
    fifi40

Similar to Watkins experience

When I was first having doubts about everything I spoke to one of our elders and he asked me if I had bought anything second hand into the house............suggesting I was under the force of demonic influence............its true

..............now I need to go buy a new hat with two little holes for those horns I have grown to fit through.........I am sure they are just like warts or something.......... now where did I put my broomstick..........ahhhhh its behind the pentagram symbol I drew on the floor

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

When I was young NYPD Blue was said to be a show that you could not watch! Franz's ass scared all the JWs I guess. That new Fox show coming on after Family Guy should not be watched either. You take away Arrested Development for this??

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Blondie - But they can watch the Littlest Mermaid, Cinderella, Snow White, etc.

Don't forget... The Wizard of Oz... that one is okay... it has 'good' witches in it. *rolls eyes*

Oracle - I was told by our PO that even if I leave the TV on by accident - and Bewitched comes on while I am in another room - the demons would consider that an open invitation to come in to our house.

Well... what about advertisements - or promos - for the upcoming shows? Can't demons get into your house then? - or is the 15 to 30 second spots too short for them to traverse the ether into your home?

When I was still married to the ex-wife (who is JW thru and thru), she had all sorts of similar rules. My daughter was allowed to watch X-Files (some of those episodes scared the bejeebees outta me), and also buy the movie The Matrix. But when we went to rent videos, she was all "No... we can't get them if they're R-rated!"

I guess I was the dumb one for going along with it - until I started seeing that my tastes in movies seemed to be those that were R-Rated - if only for one 10-second scene in it. I finally told her that I was going to rent whatever I wanted - and she didn't have to watch it if she didn't want to. She whimpered a little - but allowed it. (I also seem to remember that she watched a few of those movies, and enjoyed some of them, too.)

Oh! Oh! ... and she just LOVED the movie 'Ghost' with Patrick Swayze. Go figure!!!!! Talk about a hypocrit!!!

But - I noticed that the JWs as a whole are all a lot like that. If it serves their purpose to 'demonize' a movie or song or whatever - they do. If they like it though, then it's okay.

Regards,

Jim TX

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    That witch show with the 3 hot chicks (can't remember name).

Do you mean Golden Girls? Oh, no that had 4 hot chicks, didn't it?

Kwin

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Knight Rider? For a car that talks? That is a blatant example of banning something with a specious argument just so the people can go out in field circus more. The car talked because it had a computer chip that controlled it. Similar to why my computer plays music. And, it was electronics, not demons, that caused the car to act on its own (similar to robotics).

I simply cannot believe that one can be possessed by demons because they watch a bad TV show or go to a bad movie. Harry Potter? I wonder what they would think if they ever came into my place and saw the Ouija board I bought for the 2006 Crapmorial--and prayed to Satan to take control of them.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I can't watch CSI. The premise of each show is just so ridiculous. I was trying to get on the police dept here and had to volunteer to do a couple shifts down at the jail and down at the police dept and it is NOTHING like CSI. It's amazing that these guys can find their asses with both hands and a map!

There is a reason that better than 65% of murders go unsolved in this country. I would bet that in 'RL' almost every single case that was as convoluted and difficult as the cases on CSI would never be solved...

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I watch Ghost Hunters every Wednesday, Most Haunted every Friday and A Haunting whenever I can.

Lets get together, I'll bring the beer, you supply the popcorn!

I watch A Haunting every day from 1-3pm.....love it. I also watch Ghost Hunters, Most Haunted, and Paranormal State when I can.

I've probably watched every demon or ghost movie that ever came out........god Im so evil!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit