TV progams that must be not be viewed at all costs

by TooBad TooSad 62 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

The elder giving the public talk a couple of weeks ago told the congregation that there are more and more

movies and TV programs, like Charmed, or books and movies like Harry Potter that must be avoided at all costs

because they are a direct link to demonism and spiritism. Of course there was a lot of head nodding in the audience.

He said that watching TV programs that deal with spiritism or reading Harry Potter can open the doors for demons

causing the person to come under demon control. I just sat there thinking "how on earth can these people not laugh

at statements like like.? There are millions of people that watch TV shows like "Bewitched" or "Charmed" and I

don't know of not one person who has been taken over by a demon. I thought that perhaps some of you out there

in JWD land know someone who has come under demon control because of reading Harry Potter or going to the

Harry Potter movies. Have you seen any children exiting the movie theater rolling on the ground, or foaming at

the mouth, or speaking in tongues, or have the abiltiy to turn his head completely around? Maybe I am wrong.

TooBad TooSad

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Smash Lab.

Not demonic, but truly horrible show, please avoid like the plague.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There was a girl in an old hall of mine that routinely suffered seizures at the KH. The elders literally thought it was brought on by demons because she had read Harry Potter books. Strange thing was, the girl believed it too. It felt like the middle ages.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My cong had a wacky brain-dead super-strict elder that railed about demonic TV shows. Here were the two he talked about the most:

1) Knight Rider. It has a car that talks!! Must be possessed by a demon or something.

2) Ripley's Believe it or Not. Lots of spiritism and demonic activity profiled therein.

Also, around the same time, was Michael Jackson's Thriller video. Boy, that got him in a tizzy. Before that, of course, was the Exorcist films. There were articles in the Awake! that emphasized the danger of these movies, with personal experiences of demonism if I recall correctly.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

YADA YADA YADA.....Try this on for laughs....Challenge the demons or satan to exhibit themselves to you......They aren't home......Let alone watch some fantasy movie or tv show....

Then ask god or jesus to do the same.........no response there either.....

NMG

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

My cong had a wacky brain-dead super-strict elder that railed about demonic TV shows. Here were the two he talked about the most:

1) Knight Rider. It has a car that talks!! Must be possessed by a demon or something.

WHAT!!!! That's absolutely hilarious!!!

Knight Rider's one of my very favourite TV shows of all times. It's a good thing I've never heard that crap at the meeting. Either I would've bust out in laughter, or picked up the chair and

• blondie
    blondie

But they can watch the Littlest Mermaid, Cinderella, Snow White, etc.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Speakers should never put specific programmes in their talks ...But I have had a few debates with dubs who were convinced that "Lord of the Rings" was a doorway to the demons...I should have asked him if that applied to Tolkein's book as well?

I have heard many examples of individuals railing against Harry Potter, "Thriller" and many other things over the years . To my knowlege only this one made the official printed page.

g80 12/8 p. 11 Breaking Free From Occult Power ***

Since the release of the movie "The Exorcist" some years ago, many reports are on file of the adverse effects it had on many who saw it. Maureen was an atheist. She had heard so much about the film that she decided to go to see it with a friend. The results were dramatic.It was the most terrifying thing I have ever seen. It was horrible. I could feel something was happening to me. I was shaking all over and could only just manage to pick myself up from my seat to walk out. But this was only the beginning of my troubles..."Returning home, I was ready to burst into tears. My husband offered me little comfort as he had told me not to go to see the film in the first place. How right he was! I could not sleep that night, dreaming about the film...."During the coming weeks things went from bad to worse. I was frightened to go to bed and when I did I would wake up in a cold sweat. I knew there was something in my house, as I could feel it with me wherever I went. I felt I was going out of my mind.

She got better after starting a Bible Study

• chickpea
    chickpea
    But I have had a few debates with dubs who were convinced that "Lord of the Rings" was a doorway to the demons

welllllll..... i aint saying they are right...... but it wasnt until after i had read tolkien and both trilogies of thomas covenant the unbeliever that i got lured into a cult......totally assimilated, i was!!

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman
    Smash Lab.
    Not demonic, but truly horrible show, please avoid like the plague.

Ha.I agree. That show would be cool if not for them trying to play off of Mythbusters success and format.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit