TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE TONIGHT!

by Bourne 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have been following the spy satellite for some time....Go to http://www.heavens-above.com, punch in your location, and you will know where and when to look for it. I love watching the space shuttle and space station when they are together. Tonight I was going to look at the Hubble Space Telescope, but then it started raining.

Anyway tomorrow will be interesting....spy satellite shootdown, lunar eclipse, space shuttle landing....

• Rooster
    Rooster

I will watch this tonight ...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is a series of photos I took of the last eclipse back in August:

I am hoping to get better photos tonight (my good camera got repaired in the meantime), provided that the clouds and rain goes away.

• Bourne
    Bourne

Cool pics, Leolaia. Thanx for posting them.

Bourne

• BFD
    BFD

Thanks for the heads up on this, Bourne. I'll be watching the sky tonight. Hopefully the clouds will break just at the right time. I'm glad it's happening early enough. At least I know I'll be up for this one. Is it Friday, yet?

BFD

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats the last sign before Armagedon "the moon will turn to blood....and the stars will fall..." I need to find a Kingdom Hall to sleep in tonight!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The eclipse started ten minutes ago.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    can you even see the sky at night in America? :-0

Oh yes you can!!! I can even see the the Milky Way clearly from here. Very little light pollution where I am. The best gift I ever got was at 12 yo when my non-dub grandpa got me a refractor for Christmas. He would spend hours outside at night swatting mosquitos while I searched for nebulas galaxies and globular clusters. Remember Halley's Comet? I tried to get a Messier object grandslam but lack of aperture, city pollution plus a crude altazimuth mount with way too much backlash prevented me. Even in the city I was able to resolve Jupiter's 4 Galilean moons, Saturn's rings (plus Titan and Rhea) and every other planetary body except Pluto. I love my grandfather. I wanted motorized equatorial drive with an interface to my Dad's PC. But it was not to be. Once my sone gets old enough I want to get a big Celestron and have some real fun!

Burn
  • BFD
    BFD

It's clear as a bell here but, it's cold outside. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I just figured out I can still see it from the upstairs bedroom window.

BFD

• Uzzah
    Uzzah
    I just figured out I can still see it from the upstairs bedroom window

LOL How ironic since your neighbors usually see your full moon at the same window.....

Ya gotta stop doing that!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit