by jefferywhat 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I have noticed, and posted a little bit about all the buzz surrounding this year.

There is a little bit of a whisper campaign going around that armageddon is coming this year.

From other posts I notice im not the only one who is seeing this, there is alot of "reminders" that we need to be obedient and trusting of the FDS ( which I am of course), along with reminders to stock up and prepare for disasters etc they are really pointing to something.

Anyway, an elder told me today that its because its 33 years from 1975, 33 being the length of Jesus life, so 33 +1975 = 2008

I cant believe it, has anyone else heard this? Is it for real? Are they serious?

I dont have an opinion on this, I simply cant believe people actually think this stuff up.

• blondie
    blondie

So is the signifcance of 33 years the length of time Jesus was on earth? How does that tie into 1975, did Jesus come to earth then? 33 years later Jesus went back to heaven to sit at the right hand of God, not to rule over the earth? Is it the years from 36 to 70 CE and the destruction of the nation of Israel by the Romans?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sounds like somebody's been playing with their Li'l Prophet Construction Kit, doesn't it?

Dave

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Na 2012's gonna be the year ,trust me!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, I mentioned this on a thread a few weeks back. I heard that it was a topic for discussion at Gilead last year. In the version I heard, the year is 2009 - 33.5 years from the autumn of 1975 which makes it spring 2009. I can't believe people are speculating like that - did they learn nothing from '75?!

Jeffrey, you said a while back that P.O's will be gotten rid of soon. Heard any more on that?

Mickey.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

They NEED their dates...the WTBTS keep saying it's ''''''soon'''''', and the dubs try and work out a very close date by using random numbers, lol.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

I havent heard anything like that. But we have elders saying that we will get "specific instructions" for armegedon at the District Convention for this year. - So dont miss it!!!

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

For all those prophetically inclined, here is the link to a site that proofs that this system ends Nisan14 2008. This Passover marks the beginning of the 370 days of the Great Tribulation and Armageddon, a chronology corresponding to the flood.

http://www.biblecodeintro.com/intro44.html

To give it to you in a nutshell, it is concluded that Adam's and Jesus' life corresponded temporarily and that the 6000 years of Satan's leasehold over the earth and humankind started when Adam sinned when he was 33,5 years old in 3993BC. Headline: Armageddon from the corresponding ransom and the 7,000 year 'week'

Additionally, it is shown that "2008Nisan14, The last day of this world, falls on the Vernal Equinox and Adam was born on 4027Tishri10, the Autumnal Equinox"

Then, there is the "Midst Prophecy". Jesus died in the exact centre of the First Abrahamic Covenant, the mid point between its inauguration and Armageddon. This can be generalised to: Jesus is temporally central in his 'salvation activities'

Nisan 14, 1943 BCE_____________Nisan 14, 33CE_____________________Nisan14, 2008 CE
    Covenant inauguarated______________Jesus' sacrifice_____________________End of this system
    X______________________________________X_______________________________X
    _____________1975 Lunar Years__________X_________1975 Lunar Years______X

Since the WTS was informed of all of this from 1993 onwards, it is no surprise that they have something which one could call "heightened awareness to endtime chronology".

Kind regards,

Phil

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I could imagine the WTS loves a whisper campaign if it helps them with
    positive growth and sales, but they wouldn't want to be officially tied to it
    because even they know it ain't gunna happen this year (or next).

That theory that "Adam sinned when he was 33.5 years old in 3993BC"
    is as valid as anything Freddy Franz ever produced. I mean, if Adam really
    did come to life 6000 years before 1975, and if the account in Genesis really
    is literal, then he had to eat the fruit at some point- why not 3993 B.C.E.?

If they milked the whisper campaign until the end of 2009, everyone will tire of
    it and WTS will come out with something that the "FDS never even speculated
    on this, but is constantly awaiting the imminent end, after all- we are in the last
    of the last days."

Chalk this all up to the feeling that the last days just can't go past 2014.
    PM me in 2013, all you 2012 believers, PM me in 2015, all you 2014 believers.
    I will be here.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Well hey, if it is coming w/in the next 10 1/2 months, then I don't have to worry about losing my house when my 5/1 mortgage expires in 2010 and my payment doubles. Damn, I may just quit my job right now and travel around the world on my credit card for the rest of my life.

This is ridiculous and if I were God, whenever someone would speculate about the end, I would change the date just cause no one but me is supposed to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit