by jefferywhat 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Whooo Hooo!!!

I can cancel my colonoscopy scheduled for next month!!!

W

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

2008 is the Year of the Rat. And you all know what's gonna happen to those dirty rats! Rats!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I hadn't heard that - but the WTS is not the only doom-sayers regarding 2008 -

http://the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness/?gclid=CLSV2_PX0JECFQKPPAodSBRMDQ

Of course, once it passes, this guy will just 'update' to 2012 or something and sell on like nothing happened.

Jeff

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember they were saying the same thing in 2006 and 2007 as well. In 2006, they were so cocky that they told the members that the crapt NR37 was going to start the Great Tribulation. And, lo and behold! Nothing.

Then, in 2007, they were holding hope that it was "days, weeks". They said that it would likely be the last Crapmorial (and now we have another one staring us in the face). I remember the day someone pointed at June 12, 2007--and June 13 came along to prove that wrong, too. The year 2007 also proved wrong.

Now, it's 2008. And, once again they are going to find that their mathematics are faulty. No matter how good the arithmetic is, if you use a bad starting point, you are going to come up with a bad answer. And, I am afraid that they used a bad starting point again. No one knows for sure that Adam sinned in 3996 BC, or for that matter exactly when. There is nothing that gives a date (or even how long it was between his creation and his sin). It is all guesswork, and crappy guesswork at that.

My forecast is that, unless we blow up the world or a meteorite hits us, we will be around in 2009. And, I am not putting money on 2009 bringing the end, either. Those continuing to stay are going to watch the years going by, uneventful, and they are ultimately going to lose track of what year it is. And, they will grow old and die waiting for Armageddon, which will not show up.

On the other hand, maybe they will have a better chance of seeing Santa Claus going down their chimneys this Christmas.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    an elder told me today that its because its 33 years from 1975, 33 being the length of Jesus life, so 33 +1975 = 2008

this is absolutely absurd!! What does 1975 have to do with anything?? When 75 came and went it was then said that they were wrong because the end of the creative day were after EVE was created.

So what then? Now 1975 was accurately calculated but they just forgot to add 33.5 years?? Was does 33.5 years have to do with anything? Even if the 1000 year days were literal (which they're not) the 1975 calculation is still wrong, it means nothing!

for the record, I have not heard this rumour. I have only had to hear repeatedly that the GB "strongly" believes that armageddon is really really close this time. Now they really really belive it this time. And of course this is followed up with years texts about how close the end is and changes to the WT mags and DC announcements (ie: no theme mentioned in the initial KM DC insert) It will never end. PS - I am increasing my RRSP contributions this year and I shredded my blood card.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have heard many similar calculations throughout the years. If they are said with an voice of authority, the listerner doesnt have the chance to think how nonsensical the statement is.

To test if the elder truely believes that this is the year he should quit his job, live off credit and pioneer.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

It stems from the speculation that Adam was 30 when Eve was created. Gods last creative work.

Jesus and Adam are supposed to correspond perfectly. Jesus and Adam would have to have been the same age when they 'died' 33.5

Eve was created when Adam was 30 and they sinned when he was 33.5. Jesus was annointed when he was 30 and killed as a sinner at 33.5

Now 1975 would correspond to 6 full days of man... but not 6 full days since God finished his creation.

Remember Franz stumbling through a talk explaining why nothing happened in 1975? "Ehh er emm of course we do not ehhh hmm know when Eve was created... and ummm ehhh that would be the key to ehhh hmm er when the 6 days since Jehovah's creative er ummm action toward the earth would have ummm ehhh ended"

That would end in 2005, 30 years later. Well, aught5 came and went... so now the hanger on date is 3.5 years later in 2008.

• JH
    JH
    an elder told me today that its because its 33 years from 1975

AH HA !!!

I knew it, 1975 meant something to them afterall !!! Yep, 1975 was a significant year, but once it came and went, they denied it....

• StAnn
    StAnn

Anybody want to take up the subject that maybe the whole Adam and Eve story wasn't literal, thus negating any dates whatsoever based upon their alleged creation?

• cognac
    cognac
    Yes, I mentioned this on a thread a few weeks back. I heard that it was a topic for discussion at Gilead last year. In the version I heard, the year is 2009 - 33.5 years from the autumn of 1975 which makes it spring 2009. I can't believe people are speculating like that - did they learn nothing from '75?!

This would be great!!! And when it doesn't happen, maybe my whole family will leave the truth!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit