Have You Ever Heard of an Atheist Being Visited by a Demon?

by hamilcarr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Only when a certain in-law of mine visits.

• Twitch
    Twitch

WTWizard

Demons, eh? It's funny, they seemed so real back there, an ever present looming presence ready to pounce if I entertained the thought of going to that movie, talking to that person or imagined that girl doing, um, well, you know, stuff. Like gardening for instance. Or dusting. In a French Maid's outfit. And stilettos. But as we all know, these are perfectly normal thoughts for a person to have and have nothing at all to do with demons or demon endorsed products such as sex, drugs, rock and roll, the Smurfs, Barney, the media, the police, "worldly" people, the "spiritually weak", your brother, sister, parents, children or your own head.

But I never saw one except the one in the bottle.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Have You Ever Heard of an Atheist Being Visited by a Demon? NO

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I agree with those that feel "demonic" occurances are just things we don't understand yet. I just don't know if I could apply that logic to supposed poltergeist activity. Like the curtain that served as my bedroom door opening by itself for me to enter. No, it wasn't wind or a breeze unless it was windy at the same time every day after school.

But the Society would probably say why would demons bother those that are their "friends"?

momz

• JAVA
    JAVA

I wonder how many believers are visited by God? If they talk to God, they pray. If they hear God talking to them, they're crazy. No, I don't know any Atheists that have been visited by gods or demons. Could one would remain an Atheist if visited by either?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I consider myself an atheist, in the sense that I don't see God as omnipotent, or even helpful. He just is.

I have seen shadow Ghosts, and heard amazing paranormal phenomenon with my brother at the same time. There was no equipment, no machines present, and it was the most evil sounding laugh I have ever heard. It permeated the entire house. You couldn't tell where it was coming from.

I don't necessarily call this phenomenon demonic. I beleive it is quite possible, that here is either some other form of life existing within our dimension. Dead people, aleins, or some form of intelligent energy.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I do believe in spiritual and supernatural phenomena that can't be explained away with natural laws, however, if a person was an atheist, would they discount that? I think people create their own realities based on their particular view of the world around them.

This has nothing to do with "demons" because I think demons via the JW religion are more of a fear/scare tactic. However, I do believe just like their are positive forces in this universe, there are negative ones and I have seen that manifest to not discount it.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Is it any coincidence that 99.9% of the people hear about paranormal activity second hand? I'm convinced that the other 0.01% are crazy, on drugs, or making this shit up.

• dawg
    dawg

I stopped believing in demons 18 years ago... not that I ever heard one or saw one in the first place. Hunted ghosts for 3 years, never saw one... if they exist, I haven't seen conclusive proof... but have heard strrange stories that keep my mind open.

• 5go
    5go
    I wonder how many believers are visited by God? If they talk to God, they pray. If they hear God talking to them, they're crazy. No, I don't know any Atheists that have been visited by gods or demons. Could one would remain an Atheist if visited by either?

Seeing as most atheist would seek medical rather than evangelical expertise and get the correct treatments versus being told to confess Jesus as ones saviour and perform a ritual. I think yes one can receive a visit from them and remain an atheist. Then the problem returns to the theist side to prove the unprovable again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit