New BOE Letter

by jefferywhat 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• looloo
    looloo

are sleepovers banned then with their jw mates , i know a perv that abused a girl who was having a sleepover in the same bed as his daughter while she slept , he was a min servant in his thirties and good looking not a dirty old man type !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not see this as "Shifting blame" or responsibility onto parents. The fact is that parents ARE primarily responsible for their kid's safety. The other adult around may keep a helpful eye out for them but it is the parents who are supposed to make sure they dont come to harm, ..in any way not just abuse.

As Hamstrbait so rightly said though, what does this teach the yongster? That he is not so save at the K Hall as he is among worldlings at school. That is a tacit admission.

We were used to being a little careful at large assemblies because "anybody could come in" but among your local 'brothers'? That is something different.

I think of all the times that I took somebody's child along in the Ministry , and as a kid I went with others - seems that things are different now.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Could this possibly be a condition of the settlement that was reached? That the WTS has to be pro-active in protecting children in the future?

Just wondering...

GGG

• still_in74
    still_in74

i noticed about a year ago when I changed congs that the parents in my new KH would always attend their children to the bathrooms.

I had never noticed this before in other congs and I had not learned about the molestation trials yet. I had nothing to cause me to pay any extra attention, I very clearly noticed it.

I wondered if possibly we had an offender in our KH (?) maybe the elders knew something the rest of us didnt?

Well now I am sure there will be even more of it. .....

• belbab
    belbab

JefferyWhat,

Was this letter supposed to be kept confidential like other BOE letters? Can someone make a scan of it?

All of you who have replied in this thread have touched around the reasons for this letter.

There is more depth to these instructions than meets the eye.

I have been studying the Morley v. WT case on Barbara A's CD. In this case it was alleged that the child molester as a legal representative of the WT society abuse Leanna Morley in the Kingdom Hall parking lot, and the parking lot at Tacoma Dome Assembly. This makes the WT liable for damages.

The instructions in the above BOE letter, in my opinion, is to distance the elders and ministerial servants from responsibility for any abuse. They henceforth will maintain in any future litigation that their religious teachings are that parents and only parents are responsible for the protection of their children.

This is going to backfire on them. They do not say in their letter that parents should report abuse to the authorities. JW parents are going to eventually realize that to protect their children they should go first to the authorities.

I hope that this brief comment of mine, will produce further comments.

Also, I would like to tie in something else, to this thread, which pertains to the same subject. Thanks to cultswatter

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh239/jdubcult/SCANAWAKEprotectyerchildrenblah.jpg

belbab

• belbab
    belbab

Also I would like to make a "heads up" call to another possibility.

In the beginning of this thread there was discussion of where this letter was directed.

WT legal and superhonchos are not stupid. They need to stop the leak of their letters from being revealed. How do they do this. By sending this letter in a specific sequence to each congregation or country. As soon as the letter shows up on JWD, then they can trace back the time sequence to indicate what area the leak came from.

Do you get the picture?

belbab

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

If only the congregations could see that letter--so many people think of the KH as a "safe haven" from the world. If only they knew the GB was basically saying, no, it's not.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

From what I can see the letter has yet to make its way to the net. I'm going to hold off any comments until it's shown that this is the real deal.

This is quite interesting, if true.

• bobld
    bobld

They want the pedophiles to molest the children at the kingdom hall now.Also to molest them in the vehicles when in servise...sick.sick sickos.

• penny2
    penny2

They still say on their website (www.jw-media.org) that "the incidence of this crime among Jehovah's Witnesses is rare."

(This was in their reply to the NBC report on victims of child abuse settlements.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit