New BOE Letter

by jefferywhat 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

The WTBTS recognises it harbours paedophiles and is putting the onus on the parents (and children) to make the Congregation 'safe'.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

very interesting Jeffery

JWs spend so much time crowded together and now they are going to have to be very suspicious of one another.

I think elders are going to be very busy answering questions. What will they say when they are asked if there is a pedophlie in the congregation?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They are just covering their collective asses. But the problem is real in the real world and they are finally admitting they are not immune to the problem. And these religions are all pedo paradises - not just the jw's - people are not careful enough in these settings - I hate to promote an entire world of paranoia, however.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

The assumption here is that molesters/pedophiles are people outside the core family. My siblings and I were molested by our own father....how would their "cautions" be of any good and how does it recognize that 60% of molesters are family members? It doesn't address the issue that known molesters in the congregation would not be pointed out by the elders or others in the congregation. It is best to realize that molesters are in every area of life, school, ,police, CEOs, religious leaders, ministers, etc.

They must want to avoid another $13 million price tag.

• Grammy
    Grammy
    Ironic as women molest too. So can older kids.

You are so right!! I did not realize this fact until I learned that my son had been molested by two teenage female members of my immedient family when my son was only 5 years old...when he was in his thirties he was in therapy and finally told me what had been done to him and by whom. It ruined his life! Children should be watched and protected from everyone to the extent possible by their parents, and that includes family members and disgusting as it is even from some of their own parents and siblings!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    not working with older men on their own

I don't think it's fair to single out older men. My former family member was molested by 3 males, all teenagers. I was molested by a woman before I was 5.

An abuser can be any age or gender.

W

• minimus
    minimus

What an acknowledgment! But the fact is the Society is now trying to shift blame to the parents!!!

PATHETIC!

• Grammy
    Grammy
    Finally Free said.....I was molested by a woman before I was 5.

I'm so sorry that happened to you, I know what it did to my sons life and mine

• lawrence
    lawrence

Who is going to protect the children from their demented JW family? Who is going to protect the kids from the elders and the rest of mind F. control? Who cares about the kids? Certainly not Crooklyn! James Brown has sent another edict to cover their asses.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Priceless!

A tacet admission that kids are not safe in the Kingdumb Hells.

Not go to the toilet on their own? This will surely screw up the little ones good and proper.

I can just see the teacher when little Johnny needs to go.

"Please can I go to the toilet?"

"Of course." Johnny still standing there five minutes later. "What's up Johnny?"

"PLease Miss, I need somebody to come to the toilet with me, I'm not allowed to go by myself."

What a wonderful witness. As well as no Birthdays, holidays or celebrations of any kind , Witless kids cannot even poop in peace.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit