how is it that my mother can still.......

by memario 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

My mother used to do this for reasons she would never explain -like my sister shad said something and the silent treatment was all you ever got!

I now cut all ties and never imagine it reforming - she's never been a JW but similar attitude - if you don't agree with the whole you are outa favour!

So like JW life - I got used to not seeing it as anything to do with my life out of necessity!

• real one
    real one

mem i hope that if you believe in Jesus and you are saved. If you are this will help you through this hard time and you can pray that your family will come out soon. in the mean time keep busy in the Lord and be patient.

May God Bless You!

• memario
    memario

You have some good points to remember A&W Thanks

We love you too. I hope you have a free weekend in May for a visit.

mem

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING
    I hope you have a free weekend in May for a visit.

Count me in. I miss you terribly.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Your guilt shows she still has control over you, and will continue until you are open with her. She will not be able to make you feel guilty about missing meetings if you tell her that you will not be going to anymore meetings and do not believe it is the truth. However, as you have mentioned, you may not want to do that if you think it will lead to her shunning you.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey mem,

It's because you still love her and you never want to disappoint your mom. Eventually you stop feeling guilty and just feel sorry that they can't seem to shake the borg, then if you have crazy mom like mine you say to hell with it and you stop feeling guilty

nj

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I know exactly what you are going through. My mother ALWAYS makes me feel guilty about not being "in the truth". She just called me yesterday and said that if I didn't go back soon I'll have little to no contact with my family. I've been inactive for 10 years, but she can still make me feel bad about my beliefs. Just ignore it. It'll never stop so try not to let it get to you. Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit