Seeking God

by Satanus 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

After practically a lifetime of searching for god, is it my fault that he didn't show? I have always tended to get to the bottom of things. My goal has mostly been to understand the whys and hows. Because of that, i haven't really fitted in in any place.

Growing up a jw, i sought god in the jw prescibed way. Didn't find him. I found depression and guilt, instead. Then, w the help of ray franz, i realised that it was run by a men's club. Started seeking god in the bible and churches. Tried the baptist, pentacostal, and a couple of others. I started going direct, ie, praise, singing, praying, chanting, focussing. HE never showed. My long dead brother, on the other side did. As well, other things of a more natural bent have become more clear, the spirit in nature, my subconscious, the jungian communal subconscious of the human race, animals' natures, etc. Still, no bible god, though.

S

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

S

Just a thought. Could you be suppressing the truth about God?

• Satanus
    Satanus

How could i be doing that?

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Seems to me, IF god is there, he his hiding himself, really well. Reminds me of the hide and seek game we played as kids. Only, a lot of people have not been able to find him. Why doesn't he come out, already?

S

• real one
    real one

try accepting Jesus into your heart romans 10:9 repent of your sins and pray for Gods Holy Spirit. try a non-denomonational church. I will also help you if you like

• Satanus
    Satanus

DD

What is the truth about god, to which you refer?

S

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

S

I see God by what He's made. But that's me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The socalled mystical types don't stop at that. But, if that does it for you, that's fine.

S

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

S

The socalled mystical types? Sorry, that's going right over my head.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Mysticism (from the Greek µ?st???? – mystikos, an initiate of the Eleusinian Mysteries; µ?st???a – mysteria meaning "initiation"[1]) is the pursuit of achieving communion, identity with, or conscious awareness of ultimate reality, divinity, spiritual truth, or God through direct experience, intuition, or insight. Traditions may include a belief in the literal existence of dimensional realities beyond empirical perception, or a belief that a true human perception of the world goes beyond current logical reasoning or intellectual comprehension. A person delving in these areas may be called a Mystic.

In many cases, the purpose of mysticism and mystical disciplines such as meditation, is to reach a state of return or re-integration with the Godhead.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysticism

Mysticism has a long history. It appears in practically all religions, including christianity, and outside of religions.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit