Those ole' JW feelings.......................

by ScoobySnax 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Hey BB.......... ;-) lots of love to you, and yes I hear what you say. xx

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Almost Atheist you pegged it. I miss the accolades. It's normal to feel good when praised and needed.

Actors, musicians, public speakers, performers of all types get that feeling regularly and it's addictive, and naturally feels good, so that when we lose it, it's definitely a loss on our psyche and ego. That's not a bad thing--it doesn't mean we're shallow, it's just that when a good feeling goes away, we feel it. It's a natural need-to be respected, valued and praised.

And, there was some love there too, there were some people who were always faithful, always there and kind, and we were happy to see them and they us. Some of those people, not all, became our family.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I thought this for more years than I can imagine And now I dont even think Jesus was a saviour - just another guy with a mission to change accepted beliefs among his people!

I never would have imagined me finding an outlet which made perfect sense like I have through nature based faith in my own homeland = some with ideas on spiritism mixed with equals who dont take it seriously but who collectively have freedom to their own beliefs and mix together with much love respect and appreciation for each others differences. I see some who are far more in touch with life on this Earth than I ever saw through any KH or JW convention!!

I do wonder though if I'd have viewed it the same way if my journey hadn't been what it is because I'm absent any fear of spirits!! It'd new to me (wiccan/paganism) so I will give it time but it's already transformed my feelings - unlike buddhism and atheism which helped transform my thoughts. I love the idea of Children of Artemis festivals and such like which whole families commune together at!

Anyhow - my feelings are changed forever!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Pioneer......I loved your post. Thankyou for that.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes I still get them - I have tried not to be a witness but it is not easy

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hmmm, yes I remember being So Sure about The Answers To Life, but I don't miss that feeling because it was a delusion and it made a huge fool of me. I had some fun times with a large social network, but don't miss them because it didn't take long to realise exactly how little like friends they actually are. I thought that I had a close, loving family, but long before I was out, they'd pretty much let me go anyway and I hadn't been able to count on them for any kind of support for years. The meetings were, well, you know. I had hated going out on the preach all of my life. No, I don't miss anything from that life. I'm still hurt by the rejection and probably always will be, but I'm so glad it's all behind me now.

How can you miss the accolades? It was the praise and respect of small-minded delusionals. What's the big deal about that?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Guess what?

I am stil in so I can't really say I miss anything - BUT...

I am sure that you are not remembering all the unsavory aspects. Like BB said, you tend to remember only the good stuff when it comes to the good ole days.

Trust me - if you are out ... STAY OUT

Count your blessings and savor your freedom from what has proven to be a very destructive cult masquerading as a religion.

Peace to you!

The Oracle

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Not generally a half-full kind of guy here but, yeah, I had a great time with a lot of great friends over my life in the 'Truth'.

No Canuck who played hockey with all his truth buddies, went out for wings and beer, gossiped about the congregation, had great card parties with friends and great camaraderie could dispute that!

Disclaimer: Not technically 'out' yet but no meetings for over a year.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

May I ask what do you actually miss? Just the fellowship??

Live for the now, experience it in full. The past is long gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit