Those ole' JW feelings.......................

by ScoobySnax 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    You know I never been happier, got the best relationship I ever had, living life free............. but you know there is still the old nagging in the back of my mind. I miss my JW days, and I don't think I'll ever escape them. And you know, it's not like I want to. Guess it's just a part of me.....

It will always be a part of you, but remember how happy you are NOW. We tend to have rose coloured glasses when it comes to the past sometimes. We long for the "good ole days" but when you really think about it, were they really "good" days? When we were living it, it did seem good, but when you sit back and really look at it, how happy were you really? I know I wasn't, I can see that now. You say you have right now the best relationship you've ever had, you know you wouldn't beable to have the relationship you have now if you were a JW. Concentrate on what's good in your life right now, not what may have been good in the past. Always look forward friend! BB

• ScoobySnax
  • minimus
    minimus

Scoob, doya have a crush on BB too?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

BB..... Thanx for that. Its just so hard to try and explain how I feel these days. It's like being torn between 2 very strong things. My mind and my heart are just so stretched.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

No Min......No crush on BB ;-)

• real one
    real one

the jw are not the only people who fellowship the way they do...they tell you that so you wont leave but the Devil is a liar. Why dont you find yourself a nice church community where you control your interactions. you would be surprised at what Gods followers have to offer. If you have not already. if you have been born again you already have something many wont understand

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    No Min......No crush on BB ;-)

Aaawwww Scooby, you're breakin my heart! I've seen your pic and have to admit I have a wee crush on you, but, alas, I know you are unattainable. What is your heart telling you Scooby? What makes you happier? What is it that is drawing your thoughts back to the JW's? What is the hold it still has for you? Once you realize what that hold is, then you can break it and finally move forward. BB

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks real one, but never would I want to go to another church. I'm glad its worked for you, but all that Born again stuff just isn't me. I wish you well however.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Aww BB....lol Look me up on Facebook j"Scott Smeed" What is it about JW? oH SHEESH I don't know, I guess just alot of affection that most don't have on here. I never had the bad time that they did. And I want to sort of redress the balance, if I can ....,.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Scooby, I didn't really have as bad a time as most on here either. My parents weren't hard core, we weren't always regular in meeting attendance, and, really, even though I HAD to go in service, my mom was usually happy with one Saturday and one Sunday a month. We celebrated birthdays to a certain extent etc. But still, knowing what I know now, verses how good things may have been then, I still wouldn't want to go back.

I'm sorry, I don't know your back story, do you have family in that shuns you? I'm fortunate that my brother and his family are now out and my mother and sister don't shun me. I know family can be a big draw back for people, but I've managed to find a new family now (A&W is my older sister, noni is my niece, Mincan is my little brother, Lennyinbluemont and his wife are like parents to me, and sweetface and I are sisters lol).

Try and focus on the here and now, not the past, and soon those feelings will go away.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit