Wow! TV is stupid!

by LtCmd.Lore 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

If/when i'm old and get plunked in front of stupid tv, i hope they have an alternate bowl of morphine tablettes there as well. That would save me turning off the tv ;)

S

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

When I was younger, I loved TV. Bugs Bunny cartoons, Land of the Lost (Sid and Marty Krofft), Star Trek, Flipper, Little Rascals, Three Stooges, You Can't Do That on Television, Space 1999, Lost in Space, Incredible Hulk (original TV series), and others.

Now, I don't watch TV anymore. Local TV is crap, and I don't have cable.

Dave

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

The only thing my tv is good for is sports,Discovery Channel, Parking Wars on A&E and TOP GEAR. That is absolutley all I watch. Even sports has taken a major hit this year. So I watch maybe 6 hours worth of TV a week now. Hell this whole writers strike thing, I did not even notice a difference.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

When I was a kid we HAD NO TV! Seriously.......

I was born in 1962 and for chunks of time we had no tv. My folks would hear at a meeting or assembly that tv was mind numbing or bad influence, so my dad would huck them all into the car and drive them to the dump. Then after about a year of no tv and months of no meetings at the kh, my mom would say that it was nuts to not have tv, so off we'd go to Penney's and get not one, not two, but three tv's, sometimes four of the mind numbing lit up boxes with a window into satan's world. Then the memorial would come up and we would be attending meetings again, and out would go the tv's. To the dump we go again. This cycle repeated itself three or four times during the 1970's. We had tv from the 1980's onward.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I have no tv - got rid of it after the last summer Olympics and I haven't really missed it, I don't miss the licence fee either!

I prefer listening to the radio anyway - and I can do that and read at the same time

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I'm getting rid of my T.V. I only watch Discovery an national geographic channel but you have to pay for all the rest if you want those ones so I don't see the point anymore. I understand that you dont get sports I don't and I never will. Just hearing about the Superbowl for almost a week on the radio and TV I was really getting annoyed. I really did not get why in Quebec they would all become crazy over the Superbowl.

• heathen
    heathen

I could certainly understand why parents don't want children watching tv these days , it's extremely immoral programming . Gone are wholesome family shows . Everything is about sex and violence . They worry about video games screwing kids up but that stuff is a toxic raping of their minds .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit