Can I forbid my ex to see my son???

by babygirl75 50 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I understand where you are coming from but that would get you into trouble.

momz

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    I'm not saying your child NEEDS more money spent on him, but the whole situation is about you wanting him to give more money for your child's care.

I'm not wanting him to give more money...I'm wanting him to give me the money HE ALREADY DOES OWE my son!! Again this is money for my son, not for me.

Again, How many kids do you have?? None..thought so!

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Legally... no. Child support and visitation cannot be tied. In our state, however, they take a dim view of unpaid child support. Bank accounts are frozen, wages garnished and tax refunds seized.

Sounds like our ex's read the same book. I just figure that if I see ANY money I am lucky.

North Carolina does garnish wages - doesn't help if he doesn't work - http://www.child-support-collections.com/support-laws/north-carolina-child-support-law.html - It is getting down to where they cannot renew driver's licenses or obtain passports until support is paid in full. I think that is excellent.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Can I forbid my ex to see my son???

The short answer, without getting into all the particulars, is no. The courts can. You can't without making matters worse for all concerned.

W

• Bryan
    Bryan

What is going on between you and your husband has nothing to do with your child. Do not use your child to try and make your ex pay child support. It's legal anyway. Child support and visitaion are two seperate issues in the courts.

My father kidnapped me and did not allow me to see my mother. It is not right! The child has nothing to do with this and is not a pawn. I know this is strong, but that is what you are asking to do. 'Using your child for a purpose.'

Bryan

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

You want him to give more money than he has done, then. Just to make it clearer.

I don't need to be a parent to know that blackmail is wrong. But seeing as you've said you wouldn't stop him seeing his father, I don't know why you've suggested it as a possible course of action.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    You want him to give more money than he has done, then. Just to make it clearer.

No, you seem to still be missing the point! I WANT HIM TO PAY THE MONEY HE ALREADY DOES OWE UNDER COURT ORDER!!!! THE COURT HAS ORDERED HIM TO PAY EACH MONTH + AN ADDITION FOR THE BACK PAY HE OWES, BUT HE DOESN'T DO EITHER!!

This has nothing to do with me wanting more money from him, I just want what is already owed!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Babygirl,

My mother told my biological father that I already had a "daddy" - her partner. This was a total lie. My daddy was my biological father and no other daddy replaces one's biological father. Those of us who are adopted know that whilst accepting the adopted parents as parents, there is still a strong desire in many to seek out their biological roots and there is an issue in the heart of the individual in this regard.

No step parent replaces a biological father and your child will be worse off for it and will resent you for it later in its life. Believe me.

Sirona

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Baby girl,

As a child from divorce, that had a BAD MOTHER, and EXCELLENT FATHER, I suggest the following:

1. NEVER, EVER, EVER bad mouth your former partner in front of your child, this will scar your child later in life

2. Take it to court, NEVER "use your child" as a pawn.

3. Why is an out of work man supposed to pay $800/mo in support? c'mon??? You already have a new hubby it says, so perhaps he feels that you are getting wealthy off his "potential" support.???

My mother worked a high paying job, and was only ordered to pay $250/mo. RIDICULOUS!!! My dad was a broke farmer til I was 14, then worked at town, and my step mom worked her butt off at an office. I always had my needs taken care of, but there were a lot of hard times. I got mouthy as a teen and started "demanding" that support be thrown my way... Then I found out it was a pitiful amount and she was always late.

My mom and my grandma (dad's mom) constantly were messing with my head, and trying to play me one against the other. Always fucking with my head. Eventually I got sick of it, and told my dad, and he shut both of them up. He knew that I always loved my mom too, even though she wasn't a very good mother most of my life. Most of the times she was a terrible, awful, pathetic excuse for a mother, but I STILL loved her, and she never trashed my dad in front of me, because she knew I loved him. She would bad mouth dad's family, but never him. My father never participated in any of that garbage.

Please, please, please think VERY HARD about what you say and do around your son, it will stick with him for life. He'll figure out on his own about his father if he's truly as bad as you say. But little boys do need both of their parents, and step-parents are NEVER the same, you crave that biological bond, I always did, and so did my friends.

• carla
    carla

In my state deadbeat parents go to jail, making a feeble effort is not enough. They also get a record for not paying child support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit