Who Do You Speak To More - God Or JWD Members?

by serotonin_wraith 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Who do I speak with more? Hubby, hands down. My right hand gal at work is a close second, followed by my daughter and granddaughter.

There is some residual guilt that I don't "talk" to God throughout the day. When I do (a silent conversation about gratefulness and observation). I am reminded that every day is a miracle.

I agree with others, real one, that your conversation is better served on another thread.

• destructo-girl
    destructo-girl

JWD:24, GOD:nil

I'm more of a lurker than a poster here, but since I began posting here I've not talked to God at all. When I was younger I was a bit obsessive-compulsive about praying, I HAD to pray CONTINUOUSLY every night till I fell asleep or someone would die. Wasn't a JW then, so it was the Lords Prayer, over and over again.

So I suppose in the overall score, God wins. I'll have to start posting more, even it up a bit.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well I talk to you guys for a while then I talk to the wall for a while then I talk to you guys some more then I chat with the kitchen table for a bit then you guys then to my computer mouse or maybe a tea cup...

Long story short there is no point in speaking to someone who doesnt exist!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Hmmm,

Well, from just reading the inital question only, I'll respond with the first thoughts in me head.

First thought would be that he/she/it would hear me whether I was speaking to it or not. Every thought and feeling I had would be known, from my birth to my death, no? I mean, if it knew the moment a sparrow fell so to speak, one might think we naked apes would garner a bit more attention. Thus, the idea of talking directly to it is rather redundant IMO. Prayer in the common practise is more of a ritual IMO but a a deeply spiritual one that provides for the need. The need to know that there is an ultimate "goodness" to everything. And everyone needs a good friend to talk to, eh?. Perhaps god is like Silent Bob, a good friend but one without a lot to say. Of course, this whole scenario relies on the assumption that god is a sentient entity, "aware" that I exist, which is independant of whether or not I choose to believe in him.

I then thought of the times where I have directed very pointed thoughts to Bob. Thoughts such as "if you're truly our 'parent' why have you let so many innocents die throughout the ages?" "Why do we have to carry the burden of proof for your Universal Sovereignty issue with Lucifer? That stuff is between you guys" or "Why won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz" Of course, no answers have been received and this is a good thing methinks.

But to be fair, there have also been times where I've also quietly appreciated the bittersweet beauty that peers out from time to time amidst the noise of modern life and the choices of humanistic belief. And I ask myself why it is that I feel I need to be thankful or at least appreciative and to whom or what? Does Bob even need my adulation? I figure I am just glad to be here, whether or not sentient entities are waiting to welcome me, reject me or just absorb me back into the continuum.

Which brings me to my final thought on the subject. If there is a Bob, I believe it really doesn't "care" about us in most regards so to expect such in the "human" sense is rather disappointing. It could be said that we care for each other as "humans" do and that everything we know and feel is reflected upon each other and ultimately ourselves. In this sense, god lives and breathes in the form of our intents and actions, our treasures of friends and family we accumulate throughout our lives, in the smile to a stranger on the street and in the myriad of ways we choose or deny our true selves. There is a little bit of god and the devil in all of us so I doubt there is a need for any more than that. But I digress; my point here is that god isn't anything I need to "talk" to. It knows because I know, it feels because I feel. And it doesn't need me since it was here before I was and will be after I leave. This consciousness anyways.

But to answer your question, I would have to say god. I don't post that much and he's always listening,.......

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Nice one. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit