Grammy's-The Most Horrible Ever!

by lonelysheep 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mulan
    Mulan

I saw it..............just in time. I think the show is pretty good. Tina Turner is amazing, to be able to do what she does at her age...........and in those high heels. Ouch.

I agree about Kanye. Creepy.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Personally I don't think 2007 was a good year for the music industry in whole, there just was a lack of good quality stuff !

I thought it was interesting to watch Tina Tuner perform particularly at her age and didn't Ringo Starr look good for a guy who's I think 67, I wonder what hair dye

he uses ?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Does Ringo ever look any older? Aretha rocked it too, and that Keely Smith lady? Impressive. She won the Grammy 49 years ago and is still touring.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

They give Winehouse a Grammy for a song reveling in not going to drug rehab ????

WTF?

I have a son-in-law that refuses rehab at any cost -- and proud of it. He's been in prison 3 times for drugs! We have a daughter-in-law that went to rehab and is now in college -- and proud of it.

Is the song, "Rehab" going to be a theme song for addicts ?

*sigh*

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

They just seem to suck more and more each year. Why bother even watching. I don't there is a lot of musical talent out there anymore.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Loved the Rhapsody performance. LOVED!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think the Winehouse Grammy was a joke, but like I said 2007 was not a good year for music

• Dagney
    Dagney

Winehouse may be troubled, but IMHO she has a clever fresh new sound.

What is totally awesome is Herbie Hancock won album of the year for Joni Mitchell songs.

Sometimes, it turns out A-OK.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I should have clarified--the production of the show was horrible. It seemed like it was not put together properly. Was it improv? I'm aware the writer's strike is still happening, but really.

And since when does Jason Bateman have anything to do with music?

Personally I don't think 2007 was a good year for the music industry in whole, there just was a lack of good quality stuff !

I agree. Amy Cokehouse is a great example.

The one good thing was that it did seem like one big long concert. Still, I went to sleep right after I started this thread.

• minimus
    minimus

"Amy Cokehouse"....Lonelysheep, you gotta be kidding? You don't see her as one talented person? So she does coke? How many musicians DON'T do drugs??? I certainly am not suggesting drug use is ok but I think you have to grive credit where credit is due with Amy!

I loved Usher's comment when presenting the last award, which went to Herbie Hancock. Everyone knows Kanye.

Tina looked great and Ringo is better looking than the other last remaining Beatle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit